Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-04-2007, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Growth Regulators

My boss wants to use growth regulators as a means to slow down the growth of shrubs. Our contracts are for a set amount of hours and money i.e. we don't get paid more to trim more often. Is this a good idea? How much does it slow the growth of shrubs and hedges? Most importantly, is it cost effective? Appreciate the feedback.
Knights Templer
Old 09-05-2007, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Belongs in the Pesticide section... bump.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

I've never used it or seen a yard that it was used on, but I've hard it browns up a little. Just something to check before using.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i have used it on my Plumbago works pretty good didn't have a problem with turning brn..stuff works and works good i use it around my house here is a link i am sure if you check around you can find a pretty price...http://www.lesco.com/?PageID=27&Item...=088450...also you will spend $ on this but you will cut less and be able to have your works out some where else making $.....like i said i use it around my own house b/c i don't like to cut my plumbago's every month......
Old 09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

some reason the link didn't work the product # is 088450 just type that into the search on the top right and you will find it it comes in a 21lb pail...
Old 09-05-2007, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Cutlass (I believe the name is) is a new on the market granular that works wonders here in the nine + months of growing weather in central Texas.
No browning, off target effects or phytotoxicity that I have observed yet on over two acres of landscape planting applied to date.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Cutlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrassguy View Post
Cutlass (I believe the name is) is a new on the market granular that works wonders here in the nine + months of growing weather in central Texas.
No browning, off target effects or phytotoxicity that I have observed yet on over two acres of landscape planting applied to date.
Cutlass works good, had their rep out to do some demos on houses- worked very well. But when I sat down with pen and paper - it will blow your profit margin out the door. I have a ton of HOA's, which pay a certain amount period, and it is just not worth it. I have the guys trim a little every week. Just my opinion. www.candbcustomlawns.com
Old 09-06-2007, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, You can also go to the SePRO website and pull up the label and spec sheet for Cutless 0.33G. I've used it a little on some groundcovers on some sites that are too tough to manage. But he's right, it's just not cost-efficient when you break it down. I really have enjoyed using it while working with my own backyard landscape life- size bonsai hobby (and money pit).