Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-04-2007, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

fuel discount

Just wondering how many of you, recive a fuel discount ?

and how much of a discount?

I have several fuel suppliers NOW fighting for my business and the best offer so far is 10%.

I'm more on the 15% range ?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've never gotten a discount, even when I ran a million plus dollar lawn care business. good luck.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gretzmier View Post
I've never gotten a discount, even when I ran a million plus dollar lawn care business. good luck.
WOW, Y would you NOT ?

just for getting a credit card at most places will give ya a small discount,

I get 10 % now,

that's the issue, I want larger, Shell is willing to go 12 but I still want 15
Old 09-05-2007, 06:25 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

They are willing to give you 12% off of your fuel for ever and ever?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiaa View Post
WOW, Y would you NOT ?

just for getting a credit card at most places will give ya a small discount,

I get 10 % now,

that's the issue, I want larger, Shell is willing to go 12 but I still want 15
Are you talking about a card that gives you a 10% discount, but charges a yearly fee for using the card and 27% interest on the balance?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan_Deere View Post
Are you talking about a card that gives you a 10% discount, but charges a yearly fee for using the card and 27% interest on the balance?
No never done that. all's ya have to do is call the oil co's and tell them what your doing, and ask for a discount, you have to agree to purchase only there product,
Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

I've never got a discount. Guess I need to ask more questions.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah only discount I get is per the airline miles thing 1%, but afaik it's regular price... Now I'm on fleet fuel so I pay at the end of the month, with the credit card, then it's another month before I am out of the money, so I pay for July's fuel in september, basically. About the only benefit here is I can let the payment slide first on the fleet account and later on the credit card also, but ALL of that costs interest so I make sure it gets paid.

The end of month statement gives me a run down too, includes an mpg chart and everything, I know at a glance if my truck's fuel mileage is off, so it serves a a warning it might need maintenance should I not catch it while driving, and I know how many gallons went for equipment, comes in handy for taxes to separate truck fuel from equipment.

That to me is benefit enough, not to mention not dealing with the public while fueling, it has its bennies but an actual discount, no.
10% is awful attractive but also awful small to notice in case of a discrepancy, I'd be for checking into it closely to make sure you're not paying for this discount some other kind of way, because it sure rings that kind of bell with me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan_deere
Basically said.

Last edited by topsites; 09-05-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Yeah only discount I get is per the airline miles thing 1%, but afaik it's regular price... Now I'm on fleet fuel so I pay at the end of the month, with the credit card, then it's another month before I am out of the money, so I pay for July's fuel in september, basically. About the only benefit here is I can let the payment slide first on the fleet account and later on the credit card also, but ALL of that costs interest so I make sure it gets paid.

The end of month statement gives me a run down too, includes an mpg chart and everything, I know at a glance if my truck's fuel mileage is off, so it serves a a warning it might need maintenance should I not catch it while driving, and I know how many gallons went for equipment, comes in handy for taxes to separate truck fuel from equipment.

That to me is benefit enough, not to mention not dealing with the public while fueling, it has its bennies but an actual discount, no.
10% is awful attractive but also awful small to notice in case of a discrepancy, I'd be for checking into it closely to make sure you're not paying for this discount some other kind of way, because it sure rings that kind of bell with me as well.

Basically said.
WOW guys I cant belive yall have never done this or sounds like never herd of it...

I personaly have been reciving a discount for years, after I started this Co. I get offers all the time. doscounts on parts, discounts for drinks, almost everything.

jsut call around. let the company : oil and gas" work for you..
Old 09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The only discount I get is when I use my Giant Eagle points. I usually get between $1.00-1.50 off per gallon. It's nice buying up to 30 gallons for $1.30/gal. That only happens every three weeks. Most of the time I pay full price.