Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-04-2007, 10:52 PM
bohiaa's Avatar
bohiaa bohiaa is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bellville Texas, near Houston
Posts: 5,017
fuel discount

Just wondering how many of you, recive a fuel discount ?

and how much of a discount?

I have several fuel suppliers NOW fighting for my business and the best offer so far is 10%.

I'm more on the 15% range ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2007, 12:54 AM
David Gretzmier David Gretzmier is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fayetteville,AR
Posts: 3,654
I've never gotten a discount, even when I ran a million plus dollar lawn care business. good luck.
__________________
freedom
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 AM
bohiaa's Avatar
bohiaa bohiaa is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bellville Texas, near Houston
Posts: 5,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gretzmier View Post
I've never gotten a discount, even when I ran a million plus dollar lawn care business. good luck.
WOW, Y would you NOT ?

just for getting a credit card at most places will give ya a small discount,

I get 10 % now,

that's the issue, I want larger, Shell is willing to go 12 but I still want 15
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-05-2007, 06:25 AM
lawnman_scott lawnman_scott is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: st pete, FL
Posts: 7,549
They are willing to give you 12% off of your fuel for ever and ever?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Juan_Deere Juan_Deere is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohiaa View Post
WOW, Y would you NOT ?

just for getting a credit card at most places will give ya a small discount,

I get 10 % now,

that's the issue, I want larger, Shell is willing to go 12 but I still want 15
Are you talking about a card that gives you a 10% discount, but charges a yearly fee for using the card and 27% interest on the balance?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 AM
bohiaa's Avatar
bohiaa bohiaa is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bellville Texas, near Houston
Posts: 5,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan_Deere View Post
Are you talking about a card that gives you a 10% discount, but charges a yearly fee for using the card and 27% interest on the balance?
No never done that. all's ya have to do is call the oil co's and tell them what your doing, and ask for a discount, you have to agree to purchase only there product,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
MarksTLC's Avatar
MarksTLC MarksTLC is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pottstown, PA
Posts: 49
I've never got a discount. Guess I need to ask more questions.
__________________
Mark's Total Lawn Care
Hydro Seeding & Lawn Care.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2007, 10:09 AM
topsites topsites is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richmond Virginia
Posts: 21,677
Yeah only discount I get is per the airline miles thing 1%, but afaik it's regular price... Now I'm on fleet fuel so I pay at the end of the month, with the credit card, then it's another month before I am out of the money, so I pay for July's fuel in september, basically. About the only benefit here is I can let the payment slide first on the fleet account and later on the credit card also, but ALL of that costs interest so I make sure it gets paid.

The end of month statement gives me a run down too, includes an mpg chart and everything, I know at a glance if my truck's fuel mileage is off, so it serves a a warning it might need maintenance should I not catch it while driving, and I know how many gallons went for equipment, comes in handy for taxes to separate truck fuel from equipment.

That to me is benefit enough, not to mention not dealing with the public while fueling, it has its bennies but an actual discount, no.
10% is awful attractive but also awful small to notice in case of a discrepancy, I'd be for checking into it closely to make sure you're not paying for this discount some other kind of way, because it sure rings that kind of bell with me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan_deere
Are you talking about a card that gives you a 10% discount, but charges a yearly fee for using the card and 27% interest on the balance?
Basically said.

Last edited by topsites; 09-05-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2007, 08:30 PM
bohiaa's Avatar
bohiaa bohiaa is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bellville Texas, near Houston
Posts: 5,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Yeah only discount I get is per the airline miles thing 1%, but afaik it's regular price... Now I'm on fleet fuel so I pay at the end of the month, with the credit card, then it's another month before I am out of the money, so I pay for July's fuel in september, basically. About the only benefit here is I can let the payment slide first on the fleet account and later on the credit card also, but ALL of that costs interest so I make sure it gets paid.

The end of month statement gives me a run down too, includes an mpg chart and everything, I know at a glance if my truck's fuel mileage is off, so it serves a a warning it might need maintenance should I not catch it while driving, and I know how many gallons went for equipment, comes in handy for taxes to separate truck fuel from equipment.

That to me is benefit enough, not to mention not dealing with the public while fueling, it has its bennies but an actual discount, no.
10% is awful attractive but also awful small to notice in case of a discrepancy, I'd be for checking into it closely to make sure you're not paying for this discount some other kind of way, because it sure rings that kind of bell with me as well.



Basically said.
WOW guys I cant belive yall have never done this or sounds like never herd of it...

I personaly have been reciving a discount for years, after I started this Co. I get offers all the time. doscounts on parts, discounts for drinks, almost everything.

jsut call around. let the company : oil and gas" work for you..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-2007, 10:13 PM
G.M.Landscaping's Avatar
G.M.Landscaping G.M.Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Western PA
Posts: 934
The only discount I get is when I use my Giant Eagle points. I usually get between $1.00-1.50 off per gallon. It's nice buying up to 30 gallons for $1.30/gal. That only happens every three weeks. Most of the time I pay full price.
__________________
www.gm-landscaping.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.10054 seconds with 7 queries