Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-16-2001, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Donation challenge

I started a thread in the off-topic forum about having a donation challenge, to generate support for the people affected by the recent hijackings.

Part of the problem with that is nobody can verify who the winner might be. Knowing there will be a verified winner may help generate interest.

Would Chuck or someone be willing to serve as a $$ collector (heck I'd do it, if people trust me to), so that we could pool this money to go to the fund/charity of our choice? The contest would run for a specified period (maybe 2 weeks), and a winner announced.

A temporary new forum could be put up to update the standings, and to verify receipt of funds.

Maybe some Lawnsite gear could be the prize for the biggest donation (I'll pay for the gear, if that's an issue). Otherwise I could donate Stonehenge hats, t-shirts and sweatshirts, though that may not be as meaningful to the winner.

Whaddaya think?
Old 09-26-2001, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I was just contimplating this very issue today. I was thinking that possibly rather than have a competition even if we could get every user here and possibly some of those SOB lurkers who love to read but are weary to reply to donate even as little as $1 that we could possibly send some type of memorial fund to help out the cause.

The only thing I would recommend is finding a source for the funds to go other than the Red Cross such as the Women and Childrens Funds for the firefighters/cops or possibly towards a scholarship for children who lost parents in DC.

Just a thought to add to yours.
Kris