Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-13-2007, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Member

mini super z...belt wore hole hydrolic hose

Bought a used hustler mini super z today. Purchased it from a Kubota dealer. They had taken it on a trade. When I went to pick it up they saidthe hydro pump had gone out. Whn I looked at the mower it was sitting in a puddle of oil. Well long story short I went ahead and took a chance and bougt it, they did come of the price by 800 bucks. They said it was running fine wen they traded for it and it must have gone out while at the dealership. Had to load it with a forklift onto my trailer! Anyway, I got home and was looking uner the seat to see if I culd spot the leak. I saw where it was dripping down from and I ran my finger across the spot and felt where the belt had worn a whole in the side of the hose. Anyone know where or how o adjust the belt so it doesn't come n contact with the hose? I think it was thedek belt as it is running from the motor to the deck.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

well i went down to the hustler dealer this morning. Picked up the replacement hose, 6 quarts of oil, some luberazoil and a new hydro filter. I would have gladly paid to have it done at the dealer but they were booked out 2 weeks so that ment 1 thing, got to do it myself. Wasnt too bad once I had the right equipment and was able to lift my mower up in the air with my buddies bobcat. Replaced the hose, filter and filled her back up and bled the hydros. Now another problem arose.....the mower just clicked when I turned the key. I have a super z with the same motor and had the same problem. Had to run a thicker guage wire to the starter. Now it fires right up the first try. I managed to spent the good part of the day doing all this but it was a good experience!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like you did good!