Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-14-2007, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

bobcatservice

Curious if you would have a pic where they wanted the wall.
mike
Old 09-15-2007, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Member

crazy

I can believe that. I worked for a consulting firm that took soil samples of dirt and rock and the engineers then designed the foundations.One time i was in the middle of Ohio and it was pounding rain and we had 70 mph winds. I called my boss to tell him that the field we were going to go into was to wet.He said just a sec let me look at the radar and see how much rain they have gotten. He told me go ahead and drive into the field it does not show that it has rained much. I told him the rig was going to sink and he told me it should be OK.I got about 20 yard into the field and called and told him i was stuck and had mud up to the doors.He then again told me it should not be that muddy. My boss was an engineer.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Nothing is impossible. I am building a wall a local college right now we hit rock putting in the base and some of the rock was passed the face of the wall. We ended up hammering out the rock to get the base in and enough for the wall and the geogrid ad per my shop drawings. Where the rock can not be removed cost affectively rock anchors can be drilled in the face of the rock and then steel pipe is attached and the geogrid attaches to the pipe it is a standard detail.
PO Box345
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
P:973-305-1227 F:973-305-0384
www.nuccioconstruction.com
Old 09-21-2007, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Nac where have you been??? I have been trying to call you for weeks! You get a new cell # or something?
Old 09-22-2007, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I broke my phone about 2-3 weeks ago have been using a nother phone and number now I am back to my original number.
PO Box345
Lincoln Park, NJ 07035
P:973-305-1227 F:973-305-0384
www.nuccioconstruction.com
Old 09-24-2007, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't really know what kind of engineers you guys have over there but down here most jobs that need one they usually call you after all the soil test, elevation, grading etc. have previously being set.
Now tell me they call you to do this 4000 sqf. job because you have done how many like this before?
Honestly I don't really believe this specially coming from NJ where they require even a 2' wall to be engineered.
And also how can he design a wall of this height without knowing what type of soil will it hold, The more I read you post the more I think this person you are trying to portrait is no real.
And if you ever prove me wrong I will eat my words.

Last edited by AztlanLC; 09-24-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AztlanLC View Post
I don't really know what kind of engineers you guys have over there but down here most jobs that need one they usually call you after all the soil test, elevation, grading etc. have previously being set.
Now tell me they call you to do this 4000 sqf. job because you have done how many like this before?
Honestly I don't really believe this specially coming from NJ where they require even a 2' wall to be engineered.
And also how can he design a wall of this height without knowing what type of soil will it hold, The more I read you post the more I think this person you are trying to portrait is no real.
And if you ever prove me wrong I will eat my words.
Since your from NY you are welcome to take a feild trip one day and see any job we are working on or previously worked on. I have nothing to hide.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=AztlanLC;1973813]Honestly I don't really believe this specially coming from NJ where they require even a 2' wall to be engineered.
QUOTE]

I have never heard a 2' wall to be engineered here unless it is a special application. Rule of thumb here is 4' or higher.