Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-20-2007, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ill tell you this.. That siht is straight highway robbery lol!! but if there your only cut in the area then you kinda have to charge that much..I would prolly charge 25.. cause it sounds soo much cheaper then 30 ((anytime you jump into higher 10's it always sounds ALOT more)) if i tell people 50 for some jobs they look at me crazy but if i say 46 for the same sorta stuff, there whole attitude changes its soo funny..

anyhoo tell them you can drop it to 16-18 if they bring all there there friends on the block
Old 09-21-2007, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow! $30 per 1000sf. I'd be rich by now.

Around here (Dallas), the average house is on 1/4 acre (10,800sf) or less. At your rate, thats over $300 per lawn.

Yikes.

Everest Lawn
"Sweating over your lawn so you don't have too."

Toro Commercial Mowers
Echo Blowers
Echo Trimmers
Echo Edgers

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way!"
Old 09-21-2007, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

As a minimum I was charging 45. At about 5000...I was closer to 55 for mowing. Chem...I was about 275/season/5000 ft. I had no problem getting that price. Most of my customers cancelled with the $25 guy to pay me more than twice as much. Those who say you CAN'T...just don't know. If you can make a property look better than the next guy over the course of a whole season...and you know how to deal with and train a customer, you can charge a lot more.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

First of all when you bid any lawn you need to include trimming and edging and blowing in the price. Second, yes you can get $30 for those lawns. That is what I try to specialize in, lawns that size. I have two about that size and most the rest of my lawns are just a little bigger. I get $30 for each which is my minimum. This is exactly why I like small lawns, people expect to pay $25-30 for you to show up and do anything. There are plenty of seniors that can not mow their own small lawns. The smaller the lawn, the more profitable it is for me. I find these easy to get also, because most guys won't get off their z or cringe at the thought of using a 21. Good luck.