Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-23-2007, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Injector pump

Does anyone no how to turn the injector pump up a bobcat. Its a 2007 bobcat s-160. I just need a little more power.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Most pumps nowdays are sealed from adjustment from the owners. I can't say that is the case with the Bobcat but most everything else that I have that is new is sealed. If you break into it of course you will void the warranty. The best solution would be to convince your BC dealer that it is underpowered and tell them you would like it turned up. That way the liability is on them. They may also provide other solutions that may not cause it to drink as much fuel. Mention words like it is a POS and if it is not fixed it is getting traded. That tends to motivated the service department.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

which side is the "free end" Someone else is telling me how to, but he said free end of the pump and i'm not sure what side that is.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

When/if you turn up your pump, I would suggest taking a pressure reading and make sure you're not exceeding the pressure your hoses are capable of withstanding under maximum "new" working loads. I too have thought of turning up my pumps, then once I got my brain around the whole thing....I found that more finesse, refining my wasted movements, and being calmer solved my self-made frustrations. Feel, timing and balance.............
Old 09-23-2007, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know much about these smaller motors with fuel pumps other than what ksss has already mentioned. I know on the larger hp tractors, pickups and so on you can get one of those chips to plug in to get more hp. Never heard of it for smaller tractors and skid steers. That does not mean no one makes one though.