Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-24-2007, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Pictures per request

Hey guys a couple weeks ago there was a thread about boulderscping and RockH20Farm requested some pics of a job I'm working on. This of course isn't everything but quite a bit and I'll add some more photos as I go. A new thing I do with my "super jobs" is make a photo book during the process for both me a the homeowner. iphoto is great. Anyways heres a link w/ the pics. Enjoy oh a about 30 triaxle loads of boulders and the same in soil were brought in.
http://gallery.mac.com/ahvaugha#1000...&bgcolor=white
Old 09-24-2007, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

big job, you had all the toys out on that one.

www.greenmountainlandscape.com
Old 09-24-2007, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I like your work, stone stone stone. Where did you get the stones from?

How long are you planning to be on this job?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like everything except for the boulder work around the steps. It looks rubbley The plantings look very natural.

Chris
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of curiosity, what does it cost to transplant a large tree like that seen with the tree spade truck? I saw a large spade like that the other day with a large birch on it, and was curious what it would cost to dig, transport and plant. I know there are lots of variables.
Thanks,
Matt.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

the boulders around the steps arn't seen as much now because we backfilled around them, had to have them for support because the patio up there has no rail and the soil has to be up to a certain level to get the c.o. a grading contractor that we work with alot (we get him jobs and him us hauls them in from a quarry somewhere, I used to know but have forgotton) I don't haul them w/ mine because nothing will tear up a little trucks like some boulders. And to answer the $ about spading I'm not sure what we charge for a tree I know some are more and some are less, I'd think in the 2-3k range plus fuel (and that truck likes fuel, cost me $85 a trip to this house) it seems like a lot to some folks around here but I'm sure thats a bargin compared to NY, that magnolia is probably around 8 yrs old and the spruce likely in the 10-12 range. My grandfather always had the philosphy if things didn't sell he'd wait, so we have a rather large stockpile of big material. moving it w/ the spade is more cost effective than bulldozing it down.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

oh today started weeks 4, hopefully will be finished by friday...
Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the pipework made me cringe a little...why so many pipes in that small of a ditch that close to the surface?...and the 3rd picture is rough too...you can buy 4x2 adapters then adapt the 2" to whatever size is coming out of the wall. also, just curious why you choose sanitary tee's over straight tees?, do the d-spouts run to grade or do they go into a drywell?....everything else looks good though
Old 09-24-2007, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

we have a combination of both sanitary and straight tees, downspouts empty out to grade. I'm glad you noticed the ditch, we did all the pipe work before backfilling, like i said earlier we moved a massive amount of dirt onto this job, bed in most spots are now 2' taller than pictured here. so its burried not. oh and I don't bush those piped comming out of the wall because they're the air condition condesor drains, I'm parionid about them clogging and backing up into the house as I've seen @ some other houses I've worked on w/ builder installed drainiage systems. I like to see them drip, of course that tee you see there was temp, because the dirt there is much higher now, but they still drip into a catch basin