Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyu View Post
Of course I'm defending. I work for this company and I am very proud of the products we produce. As David pointed out earlier, the spanish section doesn't produce any sort of profit, much less a "soaring" profit. The November issue (south version) is 74 pages, not counting cover and back. Of that 1 1/4 pages are in spanish, which leaves 72 3/4 pages of English only content. That's less than 2% of the magazine. I don't really call that a sell out. But as with so many other things in this world, discussing issues where facts get in the way of emotions is pointless. I am therefore done discussing this issue with you. If you chose to cancel your subscription because of less than 2% of the content, that is certainly your choice. You can email me at kupton@mrpllc.com and I will be happy to oblige you.

You go girl.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
You go girl.

I try to be professional. I sometimes fail.

Last edited by JonP; 11-28-2007 at 09:35 PM. Reason: This is not really jonp. he left my computer on his log in...opppsss
Old 11-28-2007, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviswalker007 View Post
Cathy,
The More You Write The More I Feel As Though Your Defending, So As It Is In All Cases What Ever Makes Your Proffit Soar, Even If You Have To Sell Out The English Language.
Why do you capitalize every single word???

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 AM

Most every product sold in the USA has 2 set of instructions--one for English and one for Spanish. To protest fully, you would have to quit buying everything
You people complaining need to really research candidates and vote the ones who stand for what really matters to you. Most only seem to get fired up by religion, war, abortion and guns. Why not get fired up over illegal immigration and making English the official language? Nothing will change until a lot more Americans make that a priority. Big business will continue to rule and big/little business wants cheap labor. Big business contributes big money to pols campaigns. The problem with that is the candidate may change his or her mind when they get into office. W did just that on many subjects. Ok there is really no answer lol. The situation is hopeless and out of control. We are all doomed
No reason to single out Turf. The entire business world is doing it. Soon, Hispanics will be a huge voting block. I just hope they don't outlaw the English language
Old 11-29-2007, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Up here in the frozen tundra, products are sold with English and French. Well, unless you go to Lowe's which has every sign in English and spanish which looks really out of place up here. Even alot of the traffic signs are bi-lingual.

www.gatheringofeagles.org

Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 AM

Ya, we do get some Frenchie translations here too. The whole world is becoming a blurr lol
Old 11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's that whole "community world" philosophy. One big happy family.

www.gatheringofeagles.org

Old 11-29-2007, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

Except for traviswalker007. I don't think he's feeling the love
Old 11-29-2007, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
And the "love" goes to the family members who are willing to live in the greatest state of poverty.

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Bob View Post
And the "love" goes to the family members who are willing to live in the greatest state of poverty.
I agree. Look at any poor country. What do they all have in common? Too many people. Too many squirrels going for the same nut. I can see it happening here in the near future if we keep allowing people to pour into this country.

As far as everything being written in multiple languages: I'm looking forward to the first lawsuit because a person couldn't read the minuscule instructions written on the pill bottle because they had to reduce the size of the print to fit in all the languages. I'm not usually a fan of the frivolous lawsuit, but this is one I can get behind.
Closed Thread