Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviswalker007 View Post
Just for u Bob!! i wouldnt want you to get confused!!
Quote:
Well grenne T, when you get a buisness going with more than just a pushmower and dadys pick up truck, then maybe you will understand...
Quote:
Your prolly the one sitting in the truck at the border, getting them all in...how many work for your magazine???

Do I detect some hostility traviswalker007?

FYI, I'm over 50 and my parents have long departed our world but thanks for your concern.

BTW, please use the "Spell Check" button when you reply. It'll make it less painful to read your posts.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Just for u Bob!! i wouldnt want you to get confused!!
aW. aREN'T yA kIND? aREN'T yA kIND?

You can't charge extra because it takes you twice as long to do the job because you have crappy or outmoded equipment.

And, if they don't pay, put a shovel upside their head.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Your prolly the one sitting in the truck at the border, getting them all in...how many work for your magazine???
Yeah, I "prolly" am the one sitting at the Mexican border. It's a heck of a commute everyday from Vermont, but hey, someone has to do it.

I just did a run through the office and asked everyone if they were American's or illegal. Apparently we don't have any illegal immigrants working here.

GO MRP!

www.gatheringofeagles.org

Old 12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I think we are missing the underlying point. Those who do not like seeing the spanish language in America are afraid of change. But, would we like to give up what these people bring to our country? Spanish is a beautiful language, and Mexican women are too! So many of us have worked with immigrants, and I have had a very positive experience with them. I found out that I didn't know everything, and I never will. They probably found out the same.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

why is this thread still dragging is it that hard to skip over that whopping page and a half
Old 12-06-2007, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL View Post
why is this thread still dragging is it that hard to skip over that whopping page and a half
Thank you Tom!

www.gatheringofeagles.org

Old 12-06-2007, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL View Post

Apparently not.

Some members here seem to come to a screeching halt in their reading pattern when they hit that page. Something to do with linear thinking....
Old 12-14-2007, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noriega View Post
For all you folks that think ENGLISH is from this country your are wrong ENGLISH originates from ENGLAND. Do your homework guys. America has only been around since 1776 right, thats only about 231 years or have you forgotten that your fore fathers came over on a boat trying to escape the injustice of their home land looking for a better future for their families and may remind you again they did not speak ENGLISH!! which seems to be the case today. I don't understand why you get so intimidated by the Spanish language which I would like to point out is another European language it comes from "Spain" not Mexico. So guys dont get so intimidated about all this language and cultural differences. Another thing to remember this land was stolen from the NATIVE AMERICANS so get over this English /Spanish battle this is a free country and it doesn't matter what you speak the bottom line is we are all human beings
Actually (European) America has been around longer than since 1776, that was just when the Declaration of Independence was written, in English by the way. In fact Europeans my have been some of the first people to actually inhabit American soil along with the Phoenicians prior to the great immigration via the Bering Strait and Polynesian mariners. As one who has some Native American blood, I can honestly say that I forgive the Europeans for what they did. So, I am not offended by English speakers in this country nor do I have the desire to learn Welsh, Gaelic, or Cherokee. I will stick with English. However, if I desired to move to another country, I would spend at least 5 years before I went studying the language
Old 12-15-2007, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was just thinking about this. There are probably just as many people in this country that only speak French as there are people that only speak Spanish(that are here legally). So, why doesn't the mag and all the other companies that currently print everything in English/Spanish print it in French as well? Because they're not catering to the people that are here legally. They know that there's 12-20 million potential customers out there. Legal or not, they don't care. They just want to make a quick buck. These companies are hoping for amnesty for these illegal immigrants. 12-20 million customers for them...12-20 million lowballing competitors for us. Think about it.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojob View Post
I agree. Look at any poor country. What do they all have in common? Too many people. Too many squirrels going for the same nut. I can see it happening here in the near future if we keep allowing people to pour into this country.
Finally someone who has some sense. It doesn't get any better these people multiply like rats. They may just take over our Country without firing a shot. Michaganlands says"Those who do not like seeing the spanish language in America are afraid of change. But, would we like to give up what these people bring to our country?" I say BS I am not afraid I am sick. Sick of these people invading our Country, Sick of these people stealing our jobs. Sick of paying taxes to give illegals education, and govt assistance. Sick of illegals waving a foriegn flag and demanding their rights. Sick of leftwingers that say I am wrong for not wanting them here and sick of those who give them jobs. Michaganlands asks "would we like to give up what these people bring to our country". I say Hell yes send them all home. Wake up Americia if something is not done about this we may not have a Country to worry about and we will be the ones doing the cheap labor.
Closed Thread