Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOOPERS View Post
i actually called another co that was advertising $40 aeration to do some lawns for me but i never heard back from him . the guy that does all my chemical work used to work for TG and Hansens both big co's here. he charges $25 just to show up and then $25 per 1000 sq ft.

HA! I did the same thing...called and left a message and got no reply. JKOOPERS...have you seen all those GATEWAY AERATION signs...they do anything up to an ACRE for $38?!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I sold for this fall and the lack of rain is killing me I m not sure it will even pull a plug. But I rented it so here I go. This has been the the driest year I can remember. 92 degrees in oct and dry
Old 10-02-2007, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah Ric Gateway aeration has been over here since last year. I think they only charge $35 over here our maybe they raised their prices since last spring. But the kicker is they definitely only get what they pay for with gateway aeration. I have seen them numerous times aerating and timed them and they are usually done in 6-9 minutes front and back on 8k sq foot lawns. This guy actually runs behind the machine pushing it as fast as he can with the tines helping pull him along faster. Also he only make 3-5 passes on each area front or back. I go over after usually and just shake my head at how gullible people are to even pay that and they think we are ripping them off. The cores aren't even a half inch after they are done not to mention 5+ feet between passes.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunn's lawn service View Post
Yeah Ric Gateway aeration has been over here since last year. I think they only charge $35 over here our maybe they raised their prices since last spring. But the kicker is they definitely only get what they pay for with gateway aeration. I have seen them numerous times aerating and timed them and they are usually done in 6-9 minutes front and back on 8k sq foot lawns. This guy actually runs behind the machine pushing it as fast as he can with the tines helping pull him along faster. Also he only make 3-5 passes on each area front or back. I go over after usually and just shake my head at how gullible people are to even pay that and they think we are ripping them off. The cores aren't even a half inch after they are done not to mention 5+ feet between passes.
That's what I tell everyone...it's like ANYTHING in life...you get what you pay for. I also noticed they don't blow the plugs off the street or driveway when they are done.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Member

aeration price

I charge $100.00 per hour minimum one hour.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wow.... i must be charging to much??? i take my mowing price and charge 3x what i would charge to mow. i do go across it twice though? next i take the price of the seed and add the price of fert. i only tac a few dollars on that since most of my money is in aeration. my customers are happy with the price so maybe im not charging to much????

It is what it is......

Check out some of our manicuring http://sangerlawncareplus.com/Site%202/Photos%202.html
Old 10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

We charge 250 to aerate and seed a 1/4 acre lot. Easy money.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I aerated 8 lawns this weekend @ $60.00 a pop. Each lawn was approximately 4500 sq.ft., & took about an 35-45 min. a piece to complete. Aerating, well it's not easy! So get paid for your hard work. I believe I read one thread that said, set a minimum rate, ( Mine was $60.00) & square Footage. Every 1000 sq. ft. over your average charge an additional $10.00 to $15.00 to your rate. I have several more to do this week & everyone seems fine with these rates. Remember rates in Texas might be a little different than were your at, so bid accordingly to your region. Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

My dad got a quote for a acre from trugreen and it was $360
Old 10-15-2007, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

wow thats crazy $40 for aerating a a 1/4 acre ? town home (with front and backyard) aerations in maryland would never be under $100, plus fertilizer and seed ....... unfortunately the ground is rock hard, and i cant aerate aaaarrrrr