Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-30-2007, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Member

pricing homes for pressure washing

what is the best way to figure out pricing to pressure washing a home. Some people tell me to charge by the job, some tell me to figure out square footage times something like .14 cents to .20 like (17000<-- square ft )times .20 would be $340

i have 5 homes that want prices and i really dont know what to do about the pricing, same as decks,wood fences, sidewalks, driveways and all others

so any one with experiance FCPWLLC
Old 09-30-2007, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

J&M,

Check out this link: www.pressurenet.net

Jay
Old 10-03-2007, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I usually try to make at a minimum $150/hr on House washing. Normally it's closer to $250/hr. But then I am very fast. Most homes completed in an hour.

I don't think a Service company can make a decent profit if not charging at least $150/hr. Not sure about your area, but my minimum on House washes is $247. Only you will know your numbers and what you need to bill out to be profitable.
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash
Old 10-03-2007, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
I usually try to make at a minimum $150/hr on House washing. Normally it's closer to $250/hr. But then I am very fast. Most homes completed in an hour.

I don't think a Service company can make a decent profit if not charging at least $150/hr. Not sure about your area, but my minimum on House washes is $247. Only you will know your numbers and what you need to bill out to be profitable.

i am new to the pressure washing. i have washed the videos that u have posted about downstreaming, and ball-valves,and low pressure. what other videos do u have? i want to do a good job on the homes and make good profit, but with the right quality things that will make the job easy,lol. i already have 4 people wanting it done, but not sure on how to price it, like liner foot or square foot to walk around the home with a wheel to measure, or a ball park figure. I want to look professional when i go out, cause that tells a lot about u, i dont think going out there with shorts and a white shirt is professional,lol i know it would be cooler, but the customer might not want u to come back if u comelooking like that.

any advise would be helpful
Old 10-04-2007, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J & M Lawn Care View Post
i am new to the pressure washing. i have washed the videos that u have posted about downstreaming, and ball-valves,and low pressure. what other videos do u have? i want to do a good job on the homes and make good profit, but with the right quality things that will make the job easy,lol. i already have 4 people wanting it done, but not sure on how to price it, like liner foot or square foot to walk around the home with a wheel to measure, or a ball park figure. I want to look professional when i go out, cause that tells a lot about u, i dont think going out there with shorts and a white shirt is professional,lol i know it would be cooler, but the customer might not want u to come back if u comelooking like that.

any advise would be helpful

here are some pics, this is one home i will be pressure washing, he is waiting on a price, any advice on pricing? there is my business card of the lawn care in pressure washing also
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Just looking at it... $250. House only! Is it only brick front and the rest vinyl? Thats a 3 door garage. Slightly larger driveway. How large is the driveway? Will you do the driveway? Do you have a surface cleaner? Are you doing the fence also? Just throwing those questions at you JM! A lot to consider when pressure washing. Keep in mind, I'm no pro! Just want to see you get your "respect due" pay! Stick on the lines of what FCPWLLC said. Establish a "baseline" per hour pay that you want to make and go from there. If you get those 4 houses and you establish a 125 per hour / 250 dollars per house (or higher) rate... then thats a 1000 dollar payday in as little as 6 hours (travel, set up etc.)!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

JM... did you check out the link I sent you in the first post? If not, here is just an example you can use as a reference. Oh yeah... nice card!

Houses
$100 - $300 flat price
$0.50 - $2.00 per linear foot.
$0.08 - $.18 per Sq. Ft.

Driveways & Sidewalks
$75 - $200 flat price
$.08 - $.15 per Sq.

Roofs

Cedar Shake Roofs - $.60 - $.90 per Sq Ft.
Composition Roofs - $.10 - $.30 per Sq Ft.

Mobile Homes

Single Wide - $40 - $55
Double Wide - $50 - $65
Old 10-05-2007, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Beautiful Lawn Care View Post
Just looking at it... $250. House only! Is it only brick front and the rest vinyl? Thats a 3 door garage. Slightly larger driveway. How large is the driveway? Will you do the driveway? Do you have a surface cleaner? Are you doing the fence also? Just throwing those questions at you JM! A lot to consider when pressure washing. Keep in mind, I'm no pro! Just want to see you get your "respect due" pay! Stick on the lines of what FCPWLLC said. Establish a "baseline" per hour pay that you want to make and go from there. If you get those 4 houses and you establish a 125 per hour / 250 dollars per house (or higher) rate... then thats a 1000 dollar payday in as little as 6 hours (travel, set up etc.)!
there is brick in the front of the home and also about 1 foot up from the ground all the way around the home. its a 2 car garage. i dont think the drive way needs it, its fairly clean, he just mentioned the home. i do not have a surface cleaner, just a pressure washer my dad never uses. I did go to that website u sent me. i need to find a place that sells measuring wheels so i can get one and figure square ft. and linear ft. did u happen to see the busiess card
Old 10-05-2007, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, the business card is awesome! Check the prices at Home Depot for a measuring wheel. They have one for 29 and 50 something dollars. As you check out some of the various pressure washing sites that show a surface cleaner in action... you'll see why you will need one! The average driveway around here goes for 75 bucks... in only 30-45 minutes! What is your pressure washer rated at? What chemicals are you using?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Beautiful Lawn Care View Post
Yes, the business card is awesome! Check the prices at Home Depot for a measuring wheel. They have one for 29 and 50 something dollars. As you check out some of the various pressure washing sites that show a surface cleaner in action... you'll see why you will need one! The average driveway around here goes for 75 bucks... in only 30-45 minutes! What is your pressure washer rated at? What chemicals are you using?

Its a 2850 psi with 2.6 gpm with 6.75 hrp pressure washer i will be using. Probaly use bleach with water or chlorine, not sure yet