Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tommy thanks for the dose of sanity. Talk about re-writing history. Saying that Bill Locklin was the first to use MR-16 lamps exclusively. maybe in outdoor lights although that is debatable. What a fountain of misinformation that gets dispensed on this message board. You'll get one guy who states something off the wall and you'll find his buddy who will back him. I am amazed.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You know "Pete", if you are really truly amazed and upset by what you read here, you can always choose not to participate. Seeing as many of your postings are nothing more then derogatory comments aimed at others, I am quite sure much of your participation here would not be missed at all.

Read my post again, CAREFULLY this time. I clearly stated "as far as I am aware".

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 11-20-2007, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Edited Deleted
Old 11-20-2007, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Solecki - INTEGRA View Post
You know "Pete", if you are really truly amazed and upset by what you read here, you can always choose not to participate. Seeing as many of your postings are nothing more then derogatory comments aimed at others, I am quite sure much of your participation here would not be missed at all.

Read my post again, CAREFULLY this time. I clearly stated "as far as I am aware".
Cut it out you are full of it and quit using your weasel clauses every time you are called out for your poor information. I'm more amazed and upset with my fellow Americans here who sit there and take your abuse and laugh and join in.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for your post Mr. Mullen and I hope we can discuss the MR vs. Par debate more when time permits after the lighting season and things are back to normal. I would also like to thank you for allowing Joey to spend so much time on the forum, that says a lot for your commitment to our channel.

I would like to have a friendly challenge? 50 of your best Halogen 20W Pars against 50 Halogen GE Constant Color Precise 20W MR's. Test to conducted by a non-biased party under the same conditions. First set to lose 25 Lamps is the loser. If it is the MR, I will fly to Cali and take you and Joey out for a steak. Game On?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden Lights View Post
Thanks for your post Mr. Mullen and I hope we can discuss the MR vs. Par debate more when time permits after the lighting season and things are back to normal. I would also like to thank you for allowing Joey to spend so much time on the forum, that says a lot for your commitment to our channel.

I would like to have a friendly challenge? 50 of your best Halogen 20W Pars against 50 Halogen GE Constant Color Precise 20W MR's. Test to conducted by a non-biased party under the same conditions. First set to lose 25 Lamps is the loser. If it is the MR, I will fly to Cali and take you and Joey out for a steak. Game On?
Never mind, I don't want to enter this.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Compact Fluorescent MR-16

Has anyone experimented or used a 12VAC Compact Fluorescent MR-16? The light output is comparable to a 50 watt halogen, but only consumes 5watts of energy. Light output is warm white.

I bought one to run some tests on, but turns out I have a bad lamp. I could see this unit working well in outdoor fixtures, because it will throw off some serious light.

-Anthony
Old 11-20-2007, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionLS View Post
Has anyone experimented or used a 12VAC Compact Fluorescent MR-16? The light output is comparable to a 50 watt halogen, but only consumes 5watts of energy. Light output is warm white.

I bought one to run some tests on, but turns out I have a bad lamp. I could see this unit working well in outdoor fixtures, because it will throw off some serious light.

-Anthony
Never seen a flo that gives a great deal to be desired in effect or manipulation for the architectural side of landscape lighting. The fact that the one you have turned out bad might raise an eye brow? What is the color temp?
Old 11-20-2007, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's 3500K by Feit
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Eddie, If I were Nate I would only take that bet if the pars were the GE 35 watters. Everybody knows any other par is junk and won't hold up. I would like to see the results of this one though. I often go back and forth on which light to use, but always seem to go with the MR because of the weathertight enclosures. I do like the power of the big pars though.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com