Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Pete, check your PM

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 10-01-2007, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We love your input Joey, keep it coming.

A or B???????????????????
Attached Images

Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
Joey you don't have to explain or make excuses for anything. That job is friggin amazing. Anyone who says it's too bright is just plain jealous because they have no clue in hell how to get 12 volts to a lamp. I saw some photos from another guy who has a website and is always knocking unique for surface brightness. I have news for this guy he has no clue. I'm sure his lights run at 8 and 9 volts based on the hiddeous photos he showed on the site. Jealosy is a horrible thing and I see much of it here with many of the remarks made. Don't take the remarks made to heart by a bunch of guys who are home during working hours sitting in front of the computer because they have no lighting job to go to.
Hey Man, you REALLY need to stop bashing and insulting the other people on this forum. Your posts are for the most part very abusive and not very productive. It would appear your only real talent is stirring the pot. The above quoted post by you is a perfect example of this.

Do you not often find yourself regretting the posts you make? If not, you should. Remember this is a public forum and the posts here are in the public domain.

From this point on I will refuse to contribute, comment, or refute your postings. You have proven yourself not worth the time or effort.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 10-01-2007, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have a exclusive 3 year lamp, maintenance, and labor warranty on every system that we install with automated controls. We track lamp performance very carefully and at a min. we are getting three years on the life of a GE Constant Color Precise lamp with almost no lumen or color loss. this is based on a dusk to midnight setup. This type of warranty saves the client about $2500 in lamp costs vs. or PAR competitors.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden Lights View Post
We have a exclusive 3 year lamp, maintenance, and labor warranty on every system that we install with automated controls. We track lamp performance very carefully and at a min. we are getting three years on the life of a GE Constant Color Precise lamp with almost no lumen or color loss. this is based on a dusk to midnight setup. This type of warranty saves the client about $2500 in lamp costs vs. or PAR competitors.
In previous posts you have stated you used the osram lamp. So which one is it the osram or the GE?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden Lights View Post
Sounds like a great program and certainly a great choice in lamps! I stand by the GE Constant Colour MR16 line after experimenting with many others.

You might be interested in using an Hour Meter on your systems. I came up with this idea a couple of years ago to assist in tracking maintenance requirements for our clients. You can get them from Nightscaping... part number is T-SS-HM.

Have a great day.

www.integralighting.com

Old 10-02-2007, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wow Eddie, 3 years on an MR is fantastic. Do you set those to be on the lower end of the safe voltage for the halogens to extend their life? I have been doing an annual change out on bulbs, but it just bugs me to remove a working bulb and throw it away when, who knows it could have another year on it. Then again, it may only have 1 day left. I just do mine annually because I hate driving all the way back to a site every 3-4 weeks to replace a bulb or two. My .02 on the GE constant color- by far the most reliable bulb I have used for color consistancy between bulbs, longevity, and true lumen output. One great MR

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

James,
As you have already figured out, there are some on this forum that are not worth wasting your time on. They are very stubborn, and claim they know everything, yet they don't even share any information on their company with websites and such so we can verify their integrity. Look at the first post of this thread, for example. Now that we have had the opportunity to tallysome votes, we now know that you, me, Eden and several other very talented individuals who are very established in this business "do not know what we are talking about" because we do not buy into the concept that the PAR lamp is the best lamp choice on the market. Go figure.
, GA Lic#LVG105244
www.JohnsonLightingInc.com
Old 10-02-2007, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Prof. Lighting View Post
Wow Eddie, 3 years on an MR is fantastic. Do you set those to be on the lower end of the safe voltage for the halogens to extend their life? I have been doing an annual change out on bulbs, but it just bugs me to remove a working bulb and throw it away when, who knows it could have another year on it. Then again, it may only have 1 day left. I just do mine annually because I hate driving all the way back to a site every 3-4 weeks to replace a bulb or two. My .02 on the GE constant color- by far the most reliable bulb I have used for color consistancy between bulbs, longevity, and true lumen output. One great MR
Hey Tim.. You might want to try out the Hour Meter I talked about earlier. It is really an essential tool if you want to service your clients in an efficient manner. It is a digital meter that turns on and counts hours when the system is on. Non-resettable, but you just put a log sheet inside the transformer enclosure to keep track. Knowing that your shortest life lamp is rated at say 3,000 hours, you can easily check and see how long the system has run for. After 3,000 hours you initiate a full lamp changeout program. The clients really like knowing they are getting custom maintenance based on real life use of their system.

Have a great day.

www.integralighting.com

Old 10-02-2007, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well put chris!!! and james...and tim...etc...