Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-07-2007, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your ideas.

I just bought the TORO 21" with the Kawassaki engine with the single bar and i am very unhappy with it. It mulches like **** and then i dont like the single bar. I am now thinkin of return it and either gettin a hi-vac snapper, exmark with teh BBC, or the snapper with the rear bagger. I really wanted 2 get the rear bagger because it dosent plug ^ as much as the commercial slide on the snapper hi-vac. what do you think i should go with, the snapper hi vac, snapper rear bagger, or the exmark with teh BBC????
Old 10-08-2007, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Alot of people are unhappy with the hi-vacs whaen it comes to mulching. I have one that does an ok job mulching but it picks up leaves and clippings like a champ.

Chevy, GMC, and Ford Trucks, All Bob-Cat Mowers, Stihl Handhelds and Saws
Old 10-08-2007, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I run the Toro's with both Honda and Kaw engines and all have BBC and all we do is mulch and they work fine, leaving a clean cut lawn. Did you buy a High Vac bagger from Toro and are you trying to mulch with it? If you are it will mulch like crap since their not designed for mulching.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been using a Commercial Snapper 21' for a couple years know. It has the Ninja Mulch Kit and the Robin engine. Great machine. I've also used the 26' ExMark and it was a great mower as well.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

to answer lawnpro, i bought the toro labeled heavy duty on toro's wesite and it has recycler on the side of it. and i am usin the blade that came with it. it has the flair ends. i would get the mulchin blade that has the big teeth on it but its not designed for baggin and i need it 2 do both and not have 2 change the blades. 2day i did figure somethin out about the toro with the single bar is i took a quick tie and i made it tight enough that when i let go of the bar, it wont kill the engine because the tie acts as a restricter, and then i jus pull ^ when i want 2 go. when i need 2 kill it, i jus push it over 2 the side and it kills. so far it works good. so imma jus stick with the toro with the single bar (w/o bbc). ill get used 2 it over time its jus that i have been using a snapper for like 16 years, ever since i was like 6. but thanks for the responses.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I run a snapper 21 Hi Vac with bagger. Most of the time it is great except early morning mowing when grass is still wet the chute clogs so easily. Other than that It has been a great mower
Old 10-08-2007, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

[QUOTE=TheChiefsLawnCare;1989608]to answer lawnpro, i bought the toro labeled heavy duty on toro's wesite and it has recycler on the side of it. and i am usin the blade that came with it. it has the flair ends. i would get the mulchin blade that has the big teeth on it but its not designed for baggin and i need it 2 do both and not have 2 change the blades. 2day i did figure somethin out about the toro with the single bar is i took a quick tie and i made it tight enough that when i let go of the bar, it wont kill the engine because the tie acts as a restricter, and then i jus pull ^ when i want 2 go. when i need 2 kill it, i jus push it over 2 the side and it kills. so far it works good. so imma jus stick with the toro with the single bar (w/o bbc). ill get used 2 it over time its jus that i have been using a snapper for like 16 years, ever since i was like 6. but thanks for the responses.[/QUOTE

The next time you buy another Toro by one with the BBC you will be much happier. I hope your solution works for you. I used to have a personal pace Toro when they first came out because I thought it was a good idea but it didn't have the BBC and I hated it and so did my guy's also they don't hold up to much of anything except residential weekly mowing. Toro proline w/BBC is the way to go in your future purchases. Good luck with your business.