Register free!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Leaf collection

Would like to know what type of leaf collection system someone might suggest, that would/could attach to a Ferris Is4500 Diesel. I want to use it on one acre+ lawns. I'm tired of using blowers! I also want to utilize the largest capacity possible.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

www.cyclonerake.com . This will do it!

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Runner. My concern is the hitch. It seems rigid. Can you load it on a trailer attached or will it have to be unbolted?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

if I had the length I could drive my Stander / CR combo right on and off of my trailer.... there are just 2 hitch type pins that hold them together....

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 10-10-2007, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yes,...and the hitch is only rigid side to side. It pivots up and down for hills, dips, and terrain change.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks to Runner & DRM. CR is CT. based and only 1.5 hrs. from home. I'm making a visit tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Man, Please please PLEASE get the XL and let us know!!!!

Old 10-11-2007, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I still wish they would let you pick which power unit you want with each of the different size bags..... Good Luck....

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 10-11-2007, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have Hasty clamshell types vacs on my Ferris 3000 (61" deck), another on a Ferris 4000 (72" deck) and another coming for my Ferris 3100 (72" deck). I can tell you the 2 I have now for the previous couple of years are absolutely awesome.

Back up to what ever, throw a lever, bump the sticks a little forward to rock the machine and the stuff justs fall out right then and there in seconds. Pull the same lever to close the door and away ya go.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

CR Visit

I got to their main office today. Was shown all models and accessories. I thought the XL was the way to go Runner. Heavy duty everything. Dual wheels, extension hose(either 17' or 32'; can't decide) & jack stand. Out the door for $2265. If I opt for 32' extension vac hose it's $200 more.

Sales people were great and they don't work on commission so no pressure. Got the impression they know the product sells itself but no cockiness. Took an hour or so showing me everything and I never felt I was being a pest.

The hitch hook up is not as much of a concern as I thought although the minimum height to attach to my Ferris is 8" and I'm going to just make it. I have to see my Ferris dealer tomorrow to make sure I can bolt the hitch where it has to go. If all goes well I'll order it tomorrow and be able to pick it up Monday.

rodfather I'll take a look at the Hasty. Always interested in what Ferris users are using.