Register free!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay this is funny stuff, but listen,

I can get the Cast solid bronze bullet for 59 bucks a pop, with 25' of wire. That's a low price for a corrosion-resistant fixture along the salt water.

My question originally has to do with reliable gutter-mounting fixtures for architectural lighting. Cost-effective is good, as long as she'll hold up in air close to the sea. I guess the powder-coat should be fine, as long as I lube the screws and contact points. From what you guys are teaching me, quality installation is the key.

I'll push my customers toward brass, copper, and bronze, and sell it as an insurance policy. If they are on salt water I won't even give them an option.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am speachless
Old 10-15-2007, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't make me resurface the more-splice-stuff thread with gold plated connectors.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

AHHHHHHHH..........Dont do it...........After what James said I want to retire because I have surley herd it all now!!!

I want one for my office!! Hook me up James!! Just dont ask me to be your wife.......LOL
Old 10-15-2007, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post

I can get the Cast solid bronze bullet for 59 bucks a pop, with 25' of wire. That's a low price for a corrosion-resistant fixture along the salt water.

My question originally has to do with reliable gutter-mounting fixtures for architectural lighting. Cost-effective is good, as long as she'll hold up in air close to the sea. I guess the powder-coat should be fine, as long as I lube the screws and contact points. From what you guys are teaching me, quality installation is the key.

I'll push my customers toward brass, copper, and bronze, and sell it as an insurance policy. If they are on salt water I won't even give them an option.
Don't be so sure about everything being alright with powder coat aluminum by just lubing the hardware. That will leave you with nothing but hardware after the elements have taken it's toll on the aluminum and returned it to the earth in the form of dust. Ashes to ashes dust to dust....... Kinda hard to make adjustments with nothing but stainless hardware, a lamp and maybe a socket lying on the ground where your fixture used to be.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
AHHHHHHHH..........Dont do it...........After what James said I want to retire because I have surley herd it all now!!!

I want one for my office!! Hook me up James!! Just dont ask me to be your wife.......LOL
Joey Joey Joey.... Trust me.... You would NEVER even come close to filling the pre-requisites!

As for the 18K Gold Soleckiliter.... I can get you one if you want, but it will cost you! (the American $ is now worth about 0.97 cents Canadian) Last time I checked they were about $500, and of course your boss might not appreciate it in your office.

Let me know if you want some bling and I will make the call.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I am sold. I got to get one. Let me see if I can expense it!!

Thanks James!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
I am sold. I got to get one. Let me see if I can expense it!!

Thanks James!!!
Here is a photo of the 18K Gold Soleckiliter / Goldetliter....

We might as well make this worthwhile... anyone else like one or two of these? I will accept orders for them for until next wednesday and then have them made up in a batch. Pricing to follow... I will have to get this updated.

Have a great day.
Attached Images

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post

First off how many times have we said no discussing contractor price. We GAVE you the tool to use in this application. If you choose Kichler or unique you wont be disapointed but I really like the low profile of the stellars. Small... easy to hide and come with every lens you can imagine. Yes they are more than a basic cast bullet but you get more and your clients should realize that. If they still want alluminum its your call if you do the job or not
Old 10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm waiting for that pricing of the gold fixture!! I might have to have one of those puppies.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes