Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-19-2007, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Member

The problem is too many people. The answer is a soup of bird flu, smallpox, influenza, and a few other superbugs. We need to cull the herd.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

the original post was a load of crap....

I have a triple major in biology.. physiology anatomy, and cellular biology....

there is so much false information on the origional post. this is the whole problem with the organic movement. There are so many people out there that get this nonfactual information and take it as gospel. The entire concept that microbes release nutrients only as fast as plants need them is laughable. The thought that the plants needs in any way affect the waste production of microbes is completely false. Soil microbes are mindless eating machines. they only eat and reproduce. There is no communication between the plants and the microbes. microbes process material as fast as their metabolism and food availability allow.

and the quote about fungi being the largest organism.... LOL... possibly the largest CLASS of organism.

and for the statements by krill...
i agree with some and disagree with others...

nuclear is by far the cleanest power per megawatt that we have available.

hydro has the problem of killing millions of fish as they pass through the turbines.

biofuel is a terrible idea. Can you imagine the famine that would be caused if we convert farmlands to fuel crops for gas instead of human consumption????

solar and wind are the absolute cleanest, but technology advancements are needed for them to be viable.

we have a company here trying to install 2 large wind turbines capable of powering 2K homes... but now environmentalists are trying to block them because they think birds are stupid enough to fly into these very low speed blades.

there is always some small group that opposes everything. I am quite tired of all this PC stuff....

anything we do WILL have an impact on our surroundings.
to those that are serious about energy conservation... why do you hang out on the internet gobbling up electricity with your computer?????
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 10-21-2007, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another so called "expert" blows more hot air!

You sir, don't know what you are talking about. Dr. Ingham is one of the leading authorities, if not the leading, on soil foodweb and microbiology. She has data to support what she has in print and available on the web. The information is factual. She is not the only one who make these statements. There are many other experts that say the same thing, the ones that are informed anyway. I don't care about your so called triple major, when you make an absurd statement like that, it just shows your comment are nothing but a load of crap. Another ankle biter!

It's unbelievable! I've never seen a bigger collections of arrogant, pompous jerks in one place! This place is like a circus, loaded with clowns with huge egos that think they know everything! You are another waste of my time.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

gerry,

i will have to apoligize and eat crow......

I did not read your entire post, i just assumed it was a knee jerk left wing rant full of BS like krill posts.

I just went back and reread your post, and did some research on your source... I owe you an apology for spouting off without actually reading what you wrote....

also i read the exchange you and krill had and i agree with you on those....
bobcat T200
way too much other crap
Old 10-21-2007, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gerry,

There are many different camps to the lawn and tree care business. The chemical, organic, organic based, etc....Yardpro is one of the strict science guys who pops in to tell us we're wrong and will come back in a few weeks. He routinely says CGM is too much N and when I ask what his solution is, there's no answer.

You on the other hand, are not without blame for the problems you have been causing here in the last few days either. The name calling and other crap you say isn't very professional either. I particularly enjoyed the left wing liberal comment and find it hard to believe that so many organic people are Republicans. What have they done for the environment? That's neither here nor there, but what do you say on being more professional?

Before you call me an ankle biter, the company I work for manufactures our own products, sells a bunch of brewers and kits for KIS, and pushes soil biology. I even met Mr Hussey in passing this last week, as he was at our company to give a talk to the Amish. The bottom line is be nice....If you believe in compost tea and it's positive effects you're going to have to educate, not bully the members on this board. It's not mentioned very much here for the reasons you're finding out about now.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardPro View Post
gerry,

i will have to apoligize and eat crow......

I did not read your entire post, i just assumed it was a knee jerk left wing rant full of BS like krill posts.

I just went back and reread your post, and did some research on your source... I owe you an apology for spouting off without actually reading what you wrote....

also i read the exchange you and krill had and i agree with you on those....
Apology accepted. I'm glad you made this post. I was beginning to think this list was full of Kiril's and make this site rather useless.

Thanks again.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
Gerry,

There are many different camps to the lawn and tree care business. The chemical, organic, organic based, etc....Yardpro is one of the strict science guys who pops in to tell us we're wrong and will come back in a few weeks. He routinely says CGM is too much N and when I ask what his solution is, there's no answer.

You on the other hand, are not without blame for the problems you have been causing here in the last few days either. The name calling and other crap you say isn't very professional either. I particularly enjoyed the left wing liberal comment and find it hard to believe that so many organic people are Republicans. What have they done for the environment? That's neither here nor there, but what do you say on being more professional?

Before you call me an ankle biter, the company I work for manufactures our own products, sells a bunch of brewers and kits for KIS, and pushes soil biology. I even met Mr Hussey in passing this last week, as he was at our company to give a talk to the Amish. The bottom line is be nice....If you believe in compost tea and it's positive effects you're going to have to educate, not bully the members on this board. It's not mentioned very much here for the reasons you're finding out about now.
Thanks for your comments. I understand what you are saying, however, I must state that I didn't start a negative exchange with anyone. I was only responding after I was being bullied. The posts are there for anyone to see. There seems to be lots of people here that have bad attitudes and huge egos.

Last edited by Gerry Miller; 10-21-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardPro View Post
solar and wind are the absolute cleanest, but technology advancements are needed for them to be viable.

we have a company here trying to install 2 large wind turbines capable of powering 2K homes... but now environmentalists are trying to block them because they think birds are stupid enough to fly into these very low speed blades
One would think they would be smart enough, but alas they are not. Look into the Altamont Wind Pass project and the controversy surrounding it.

Yes, nuclear power generation is clean, the waste is not (hence not environmentally friendly).

On another note, getting real tired of people spouting off about the "B.S." posts I make without referencing to them and demonstrating just WHAT is B.S. about them. If you going to make some opinionated claim about me, please reference my post and provide an intelligent reply as to what is wrong with it, otherwise I would ask you keep your baseless opinions to yourself.

If your referring to my position on sustainability, why don't all the people who champion Dr. Ingham ask her what her position is (that is in the event you can't find it on her website dedicated to SUSTAINABILITY). Hmmm, it would appear Dr. Ingham and I have the same goals. Guess she is a left wing radical too heh?

If you knew my stance on what some deem as "political" issues, the last thing you would be calling me is a left wing radical, but then those of you who feel the need to "politically" label me so you can fuel your hatred don't want to hear that do you.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Miller View Post
I didn't start a negative exchange with anyone. I was only responding after I was being bullied. The posts are there for anyone to see.
Yes they are, and I provided links to them. Fact of the matter is, ANYONE who disagrees with you gets attacked by you, end of story.

If your going to post advise and recommendations for people that come onto this forum, then the information you provide better be correct. Problem is, when your not cut & pasting, the information you are providing is filled with half-truths, as I have demonstrated in the other thread.

I imagine this is because your getting the bulk of your information from a primer text that was intended as a VERY general introduction to soil biology, not an exhaustive investigation into it. I would pay good money to see you in a discussion with Dr. Ingham. She would put you in your place so fast your head would spin.

The thing that boggles my mind is Gerry (and the people who side with him for whatever reason), get almost ALL your information from the SoilFoodWeb. You then turn around, misrepresent that information, and make statements and defend positions that are in complete conflict with the goals of SoilFoodWeb and Dr. Ingham. Absolutely mind boggling.

Two men are standing outside a night drinking a beer. One points up at the moon and says "look the sun". Are you going to agree with him, or are you going to point out his error?

Bottom line, if your interpretation of the information your reading can't stand up to scrutiny then I would recommend you stop posting it.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen View Post
The problem is too many people. The answer is a soup of bird flu, smallpox, influenza, and a few other superbugs. We need to cull the herd.
Yes, an answer that makes sense.