Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-16-2007, 02:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Need advice much appreciated!!!!!

First thing is i have business ownership background my strong point.Well i am needing some questions answered on starting lawn care and landscaping business.I am a missionary based here in the U.S. i go on about 5 mission trips a year.I am very reasonable in my expectations in what time frame it takes to make a business successful, And i am not looking for a empire just a small efficent profitable business.I also have some very capable and fully trust worthy people who will be watching and tending the business while i am on my mission trips.So now i have given info. i hope that helps in answering the questions.Oh yeah I LIKE TO WORK HARDER AND SMARTER i am not lazy lol.

#1. For the most part do you sell a lawn once and then continue to service it for awhile?

#2. Can a lawn service become self sufficent with supervision only in three years?

#3. What is a fair asking price for the average lawn in Dallas,Texas? And i don't take just anything for the sake of work. I always believe the customer will pay $5-$10 more and do what i can to show them why i am worth it.

#4.Can i buy lawns from people to start with to get into a niehborhood that i desire to be in. Is 3 mows a good price to offer for lawns i want to buy?

Enough questions for now lol.Thank you so much for your valueable input and time.God Bless.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Member

back to the top
Old 10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

wont work..

if your not there, things will go badly.... there is no one you can trust with a brand new operation but you.....
6 full time