Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2007, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Pto Driven Leaf Vac

Any body know of a leaf vac that is driven off the PTO of a small (25hp) tractor.
I have 5 acres and mow about 3 of them. They get covered with leaves in the fall and want to pick them up and deposit them in the woods. I'm thinking of making something but need to get a blower/vac assembly---hopefully something that is off-the-shelf. There must be some company that makes a unit like this. Anybody know???????

Geo.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Look at Trac Vac:

Trac-Vac Model 854 vacuum runs off of 540 PTO and mounts on category 1 three-point hitch. 8” intake and exhaust hoses. 44 bushel capacity. Discharge chute included.
**Lift kit additional if required.
Trac-Vac Model 854-BX is designed to fit Kubota BX Series utility tractors. Same features
as the 854.**Lift kit additional if required.

Trac-Vac Model 856 vacuum runs off tractor PTO speed of 750-900 rpm (Kubota). Unit mounts on category 1 three-point hitch. 8” intake and exhaust hoses. 44 bushel capacity. Discharge chute included.**Lift kit additional if required.

Trac-Vac Model 858 vacuum runs off tractor PTO speed of 540 PTO and mounts on drawbar. 8” intake and exhaust hoses. 44 bushel capacity. Discharge Chute and Drawbar included. **Lift kit additional if required.

Here's a link:http://www.trac-vac.com/
Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Pto Driven Leaf Vac

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the reply. I called Trac-Vac and talked to their tech guy. Unfortunately my tractor has a rear mower deck so there unit won't work. We talked about me buying the blower and making my own vac head. He said they already tried that idea and it doesn't work. He said you need to have the a mower to whip up whatever it is you are going over and then the vac will suck it up. Back to square one. Any ideas????
GEORGE