Register free!

Old 10-23-2007, 03:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Have a look here!
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...32#post2006832

Southern Florida job just completed. I can't post the same pictures in two different threads
Old 10-23-2007, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionLS View Post
Have a look here!
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...32#post2006832

Southern Florida job just completed. I can't post the same pictures in two different threads
No personal offense intended Evening Star.....but those lights are a disaster. To this designer they look just awful. They direct all of their light up into the sky and directly into the eye. They are glare bombs. I suppose if you are trying to attract aliens to your landing zone they might be effective....

Just horrible.

"See the effect, not the source."

Regards.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Ditto what James says. I couldn't imagine anything more obtrusive to the aesthetic of the job than those uplights.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
I have a customer who has concrete steps around his pool area, but doesn't like path lights, and does not want fixtures taking away from the really great look we have on his tropical plants along the pool perimeter (yes it's far enough from the pool).

Has anyone ever tried using deck lights in gravel borders? It would be a nice, low profile, glare-shielded way to hit some low watts on the vertical face of the concrete steps (the gravel area is adjacent to the concrete area).

Thanks,

Mike
Mike,

Take a look at Nightscapings Turtle fixture also. Available brass or powder coat aluminum. Comes with a T-3 bi-pin, interior is powder coat white. Solid as a brick.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkler guy View Post
Mike,

Take a look at Nightscapings Turtle fixture also. Available brass or powder coat aluminum. Comes with a T-3 bi-pin, interior is powder coat white. Solid as a brick.
Thanks for reminding me of that one Sean. I saw them being cast in brass at the factory. Solid indeed.
Though it's not obvious that they are available in brass from the spec sheet.

http://www.nightscaping.com/pdfs/turtle_hd0406.pdf

Last edited by irrig8r; 10-23-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinkler guy View Post
Mike,

Yep, a great fixture for this application. Get it in Brass. It will throw a LOT more light then the INTEGRAliter will.

Have a great day.

www.integralighting.com

Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah yeah yeah... I hear it all.... glare bombs... UFO's landing on customers patios...even Marvin Martian staring down at earth seeing patterns from a 4 watt accent light. Say what you want... but accent lighting is a form of a lighting effect. Who's writing the rules here?... Our's just happens to be intended for Interlocking Concrete Pavingstones and Brick. (What did you expect? a down light?) Look at Holiday Decor.. it's all accent and your seeing the light source. There are plenty of other manufacturers that use MR11/16, Par36 and HID. There's no comparison in your dispute. Some of you should visit Times Square NYC if you don't think recessed accent lighting is in.

We have a very deep niche in the hardscaping industry, where other similar lights have failed either by design or aesthetics. Now, with our new facility and growing distribution channel, we will offer two new wall lights for the 2008 season.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

James & all;

I like the looks of a fixture like the integraliter for the job, the specs show a side view that has me wondering if you need to cake up some silicone (grease or hard) around the socket screws and wires.

Mike
Old 10-24-2007, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
James & all;

I like the looks of a fixture like the integraliter for the job, the specs show a side view that has me wondering if you need to cake up some silicone (grease or hard) around the socket screws and wires.

Mike
No need for any sealant of any kind with the INTEGRAlitere Mike. I designed it as a dock fixture. It is CSA approved for its application. I have installed a hundred or so on docks and they get soaked regularly.... I have yet to open one up and find any moisture inside the fixture. I havent had any trouble with the SJOW wire wicking moisture into the body of the fixture along the strings either.

Have a great day.

www.integralighting.com

Old 10-24-2007, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionLS View Post
Yeah yeah yeah... I hear it all.... glare bombs... UFO's landing on customers patios...even Marvin Martian staring down at earth seeing patterns from a 4 watt accent light. Say what you want... but accent lighting is a form of a lighting effect. Who's writing the rules here?... Our's just happens to be intended for Interlocking Concrete Pavingstones and Brick. (What did you expect? a down light?) Look at Holiday Decor.. it's all accent and your seeing the light source. There are plenty of other manufacturers that use MR11/16, Par36 and HID. There's no comparison in your dispute. Some of you should visit Times Square NYC if you don't think recessed accent lighting is in.

We have a very deep niche in the hardscaping industry, where other similar lights have failed either by design or aesthetics. Now, with our new facility and growing distribution channel, we will offer two new wall lights for the 2008 season.

Just to put in something. I am installing some of those NS fixtures on a project right now and I think that they will work great.

I have installed some of the Evening Star paver lights on a project where the client insisted on having paver lights for her driveway. I placed about 36 of these lights at 10' intervals on each side of the driveway and I must say that it came out great. Between the driftwood color of the lens and the 4 watt light, it is not a glare issue at all. I did low volt it a little only giving it 10.9 volts. It outlines her driveway the way that she wanted and still goes very well in my lighting scheme.

Anyway, I just had to say something.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes