Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

two more designs for you to chew on.

these we will be doing this winter or early in the spring. I can easily tell you that it's over 70k.

these last two I didn't design, but communicated the plants with the LA to put together presentation graphics for.

These are REAL designs, not Pro Landscape designs. To each his own I guess...

And no, mommy won't be helping me dig.
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 11-08-2007, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Amazing, we use all those same plants here. Nice design. Much more appropriate for the HOA than an edited picture.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am pround of you and your realstate accomplishments. I also paided for my education (BS-MARKETING). But i don't think anyone was questioning your ability to grow your money, they were questioning your design ability. Now, with out taking the opportunity to question your ability to design, this thread was started talking about image editors and someone looking for some help, that would be why you don't see any hand drawn designs in this thread, so posting yours really doesn't serve any purpose.

quote: Also, on SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES's design, can you tell me how you are going to maintain the 2" run of grass between that left bed and the front sidewalk? That's a maintenance liability and not a thought through design. Also, the left side is alot busier and heavier than the right, and it's a 1/3 of the size. Doesn't showcase the home.

Now, with your critique of my design, everyone knows that the image editor software is designed to give the customer a good idea of what they can expect with our choice in plants and design. It is not meat to be used as a site plan for a forman. But, even it if was, if you are worth your beans, you will make adjustments necessary to make the design the most fuctional when it is being installed. That can be something as simple as spacing a plant a little differnt than the plan to as drastic as changing a plant based on distributer availability, or just changing the line of the bed so that it doesn't create a "2inch" run of grass creating a "maintenance liability." As far as one side being busier than the other, well, you can cuss the builder for that. They only left 24" between the wall and the sidewalk, which means you have to go with much smaller plants and no layers if you do not want them growing together or incroaching onto the sidewalk. Now with the 1/3 of the size comment, i don't understand what you are talking about.

PS: i don't think i am up north...It may feel like it sometimes with all the yanks migrating down here, but I don't know anyone who considers South Carolina "Northern"

Chew on that....LOL
Old 11-08-2007, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwingfield2k View Post
two more designs for you to chew on.

these we will be doing this winter or early in the spring. I can easily tell you that it's over 70k.

these last two I didn't design, but communicated the plants with the LA to put together presentation graphics for.

These are REAL designs, not Pro Landscape designs. To each his own I guess...

And no, mommy won't be helping me dig.

that is great!!! It looks real professional...Too bad it is not "Your" design.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Member

It's funny to me Jwing how you want to talk about how much you make and how much you have bought and you have a degree? Well it sure wasn't in Landscape design because all you seem to be doing is installing others design. No since of self worth there to me. Just my thought. Like Southern said YES it looks good on paper, but I sure hope they do not want a retaining wall with it or you will be stacking bags of ready mix for them. when I do a landscape job at least every time I drive by it I know it was my design that everyone is looking at not someone else's. We won't even go into what each other has paid for, and as for as your comment of NOT paying Taxes. I sure hope the government does not get a copy of this. You can't do much installing from jail my friend. Guess you can build some retaining walls for the state of TX. Don't get me started I will call your Mom and Dad on you LOL hahaha they might take that truck that YOU bought away from you.

Now to you hoskm01, The design I provided was a visual for the fellow landscaper, It is not intended nor did I say USE THIS PLAN. I just took 5 minutes out of my day to help give that visual to him. HE asked for help, so if you don't think it is professional for him to receive that help over the Internet then I guess your going to have to just hhhmmmm deal with it. Some of you people REALLY crack me up. This forum is a place where others come for ideals, help, conversation and a lot of the people on it are just plain rude. did your mothers teach you if you have nothing nice to say to just don't say anything? My bills get payed just fine. So that being said if someone needs an IDEAL then sure I am more than glad to help. That is a bit different than doing all there work for them. I looked at your web page and will study the plants for AZ, because by the looks of your work you DO need some help.. So for the home owners sake, YES send those pictures to me.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking for a website and could not find one. I know it shows one in your profile, but it doesn't go anywhere.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Member

www.lawnlogistics.com There you go Southern, thats his web page.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Member

If that does not work here ya go... post a picture off of it for you. Need I say More?
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2007, 02:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Thats some Pretty Grass though..... Love the grass and curbing. Good job.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel19 View Post
I looked at your web page and will study the plants for AZ, because by the looks of your work you DO need some help.. So for the home owners sake, YES send those pictures to me.
So you will do my designs for free? Oh goody gumdrops.

The original poster asked for HELP WITH 3 PICTURES on a design. So to me, any design that someone posted would suggest that they thought it was a good design for that project and that the poster should consider that in his/her design. Whats wrong with Wingfield saying they look like crap? Either you like it or you dont, though I cant say one way or another, Im not from that area and dont know if they're good designs or not.

You looked at my website
Ha, my first couple of projects from three years ago. Only two of which have any plants in them, most are irrigation, sod and cleanups. I didnt even design at that point; the desert lookin one was the first I ever designed and it came out just fine thank you. Just remember that nothing grows here without water directly at the plant, so if you know better, which obviously you think you do, move on down and lets do business. I dont claim to know jack about working in other climates, the rest of the know it alls should follow suit.

I havent touched my website since it was built, dont make sales off of it and I dont advertise, dont have to. So I could have told you it looked like that...

By the way, try the spell check button, it makes it easier for those of us who can see the errors!