Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2007, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Never claimed to be a good speller, I let my wife handle that one. I just dig holes for a living

Triad Landscaping
Fulton, KY
Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I knocked the design, cause it was ugly. That isnt knocking business practices. You can run a profitable business, and install ugly designs. People do that all the time. I would just prefer to use a good looking design.

So instance, those topiary shrubs... plants dont grow natually like that, its silly looking. Also, there was no variation between the face of the house, and the inside area by the front door. Those are two different micro cl,imates, and can use 2 different types of plantings. utilize what the space provides.
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 11-09-2007, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Member

I knocked the design, cause it was ugly. That isnt knocking business practices. You can run a profitable business, and install ugly designs. People do that all the time. I would just prefer to use a good looking design.

Maybe in your eye but not everyones, just because you do not like a design does not mean you have to knock it. trust me from what I have seen you have no design to you. Show us some pictures of your designs.

I redesigned it for you, added a nice LARGE tree ring etc. Tried to find concrete bags for the retainer wall but my program does not have them on it, sorry. But if you want to use this plan on your next job jwing then just substitute the block with ready-mix and make sure you get that tree ring high enough.

p.s. if you would prefer to use a good looking design then why haven't you in the past?
Attached Images

Triad Landscaping
Fulton, KY
Old 11-09-2007, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Because I hardly ever visit the commercial landscaping portion. I'm mostly over in irrigation. We probably do 10 landscape installs a year, + / -. It's not my main focus, just something we do to bring in extra cash.

If you aren't bright enough to realize that a Rip-Rap wall is the best for the application in which we installed it, you better quit while you are behind. The cost on that wall was around 14k I believe. A standard SRW would have been astronomically larger in price. It would have have been a good fit for an area that no one looks at. Not to mention their neighbor already had one, and before I was even called to do the job, he decided on that type of wall.

Did you look at those three pdf designs I posted in black and white? Look at them, and then tell me I don't know how to design. Please, be my guest. Also, please tell me why you are so sure you understand design, and have a proper design theory. Look at my designs I posted, and compare those to yours.
www.eagle-irrigation.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 11-09-2007, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh I saw the drawings, they look good on paper. Got pictures of the finished work?

What makes me so sure I understand design you ask. I would say the companies that hire me for my design. next time you are in TN drop in Nashville at the OpryLand Hotel, You can see some of my work there.

See you are the one that started all this childish crap by knocking other's design. Sure my picture that I posted for the guy wasn't a large detailed plan, but it was not meant to be. The guy was looking for Ideals from what I read. Like you said I guess we are all in this to make money and pay bills and lets have this same chat in 20 yrs.

Guess from what I read your doing pretty good for yourself. It's not every day that a man of your age has everything paid for on his own.

Triad Landscaping
Fulton, KY
Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Get rid of the turf. (A Kirilian disciple speaking)
Old 11-09-2007, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

get ride of WHAT?????????????

Triad Landscaping
Fulton, KY
Old 11-10-2007, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel19 View Post
get ride of WHAT?????????????
THE TURF, its typically green in color, resembles carpet, gets mowed on a regular basis...
Old 11-10-2007, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Get rid of the turf. (A Kirilian disciple speaking)
:::Watches statement go way over squirrels head:::
Old 11-10-2007, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

IMHO, all the designs presented in this thread are lacking in one critical area, sustainability. Designing high maintenance, resource intensive landscapes is irresponsible at best given current environmental and resource concerns.

Set yourself apart from everyone else and promote low input, sustainable landscapes.