Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 PM
hoskm01's Avatar
hoskm01 hoskm01 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix Metro
Posts: 5,694
Lets make some Assumptions.

Pretty far off topic, maybe it can stay awhile! Mods? Pretty please, dont spank us two days in a row. What happened to the goody from yesterday anyway?


We know each other as simple text on the screen, as the avatars we post with, by the way we blog here on lawnsite. Some people know each other personally, have met, talked on the phone etc... That doesnt count.

How do you picture people that post in this forum? What mental image do you get when you hear from a regular on here? What does that person remind you of?

Lets keep it clean enough to not get booted, Im interested to see the views of others (twisted).


Mine for now-

Rotar- Just as I pictured you, since I've seen pictures of you. I might have expected a mustache or beard, maybe a little hippy in you. After the dancing video, it all makes sense. Beer is King, I'm with you there. Has Voodoo doll of ML. Frequents the text message.

Melon Guam Palior(sp?)- - A cross between Alex Trebec and one of the perps from "To Catch a Predator." (You dont seem like a predator, just response wise) Seen a bit, just cant get over the brand choice. Has a VW in the yard (old bug or Vanagan?). Would love a nice chianti and some fava beans.

Mike Leary- Witty. Has a voodoo doll of Rotar. Wears Birkenstocks at home. Suns self when sun shines; farmer tan if any. Drinks beer from a heavy mug.
__________________
Crayons taste like Purple
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-26-2007, 04:41 PM
CAPT Stream Rotar's Avatar
CAPT Stream Rotar CAPT Stream Rotar is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Ma
Posts: 5,491
HA Great thread!

hoskm-Kind of like the clark Kent of irrigation..He wears 2 hats equally.Beer drinker extrodinarie,South West man of the landscape/water.Might of seen a few Grateful dead shows.

ML-Reminds me of my dad..Im sure he used to be quite hip hanging out with Jerry back in the early days.A stickler for perfection. And a moonlights as a REV. for the local church of watering. Clearly he forgot how to dig/what it was like to use a shovel..

FIMCO-good dude,beer drinker,sports nut (im sorry with no championships as of late),Has a love/hate relationship with his shovel/GF.Good guy, prob a good boss.Fair,honest, punctual,and mostly right with the service work.

Wet Boots-He knows water and good Jazz.

The spanish dude-ha I won't even go there.

Tomscreek-either he is a huge jacked dude,or a tiny jacked dude. He might speak with a draw but is up to snuff when it comes to water/landscape/the ground/running a business.Most likely a good dad who enjoys a good night of shine drinking every now and then

LondonRain-reminds me of Grizzly adams cause of that dude he works with.But is a water witch and a pvc and service godsend. You best know what your saying cause he will call you out.

Kiril-I think he walks around with a calculator so he can determine friction loss before you say WATER!Good guy, sports fan, knows his stuff.Great intraweb battle stance.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-26-2007, 09:33 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPT Stream Rotar View Post
HA Great thread!

hoskm-Kind of like the clark Kent of irrigation..He wears 2 hats equally.Beer drinker extrodinarie,South West man of the landscape/water.Might of seen a few Grateful dead shows.

ML-Reminds me of my dad..Im sure he used to be quite hip hanging out with Jerry back in the early days.A stickler for perfection. And a moonlights as a REV. for the local church of watering. Clearly he forgot how to dig/what it was like to use a shovel..

FIMCO-good dude,beer drinker,sports nut (im sorry with no championships as of late),Has a love/hate relationship with his shovel/GF.Good guy, prob a good boss.Fair,honest, punctual,and mostly right with the service work.

Wet Boots-He knows water and good Jazz.

The spanish dude-ha I won't even go there.

Tomscreek-either he is a huge jacked dude,or a tiny jacked dude. He might speak with a draw but is up to snuff when it comes to water/landscape/the ground/running a business.Most likely a good dad who enjoys a good night of shine drinking every now and then

LondonRain-reminds me of Grizzly adams cause of that dude he works with.But is a water witch and a pvc and service godsend. You best know what your saying cause he will call you out.

Kiril-I think he walks around with a calculator so he can determine friction loss before you say WATER!Good guy, sports fan, knows his stuff.Great intraweb battle stance.
Pretty good assumptions. I'm thinking of breaking up with my long bill dookey and taking up with this hot trencher spade in the far right of this photo.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-26-2007, 10:38 PM
BrandonV's Avatar
BrandonV BrandonV is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 3,668
haha a little off on me... am i supposed to provide a correct account?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-27-2007, 01:53 AM
CAPT Stream Rotar's Avatar
CAPT Stream Rotar CAPT Stream Rotar is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cape Cod, Ma
Posts: 5,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscreek View Post
haha a little off on me... am i supposed to provide a correct account?
ABS yes.......
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-27-2007, 08:25 AM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscreek View Post
haha a little off on me... am i supposed to provide a correct account?
NO:: Make keep Rotar guessing. The best way to deal with subordinates in my opinion is to be slightly unpredictable.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-27-2007, 09:05 AM
hoskm01's Avatar
hoskm01 hoskm01 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix Metro
Posts: 5,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscreek View Post
haha a little off on me... am i supposed to provide a correct account?
At least wait until the end. Then you can reveal if you choose. Lets hear some more.
__________________
Crayons taste like Purple
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-27-2007, 11:44 AM
BrandonV's Avatar
BrandonV BrandonV is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 3,668
muhahaha. for some reason (most likely avatar) I envision Purp as Jerry Garcia.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-27-2007, 12:18 PM
hoskm01's Avatar
hoskm01 hoskm01 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix Metro
Posts: 5,694
Tomscreek- Possibly a former logger, forest logger, reminds me of McGyver but with more pizzazz.
__________________
Crayons taste like Purple
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoskm01 View Post
Tomscreek- Possibly a former logger, forest logger, reminds me of McGyver but with more pizzazz.
Tomscreek..at lot like me, comes off very mellow, easy going. then blows
a gasket that can be heard all thru the county when something goes wrong.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.

Page generated in 0.10361 seconds with 8 queries