The Green Industry's Resource Center

Thread Tools   Display Modes
Old 02-20-2000, 05:07 AM
lawrence stone's Avatar
lawrence stone lawrence stone is offline
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Posts: 2,079
What kind of equipment does one use to need a 100 or even 30 gal aux. fuel tank?<p>With my Kohler 18 hp v-twin mated to a 52&quot;<br>deck I can get almost 8 hours run time (that's on the engine not the PTO) from<br>a 5 gal fuel tank.<p>I just fill whatever two mowers I have on the<br>trailer and have a 2 1/2 gal tank (just in case)strapped down inside a trimmer trap crate mounted<br>over the wheel of the trailer, every working<br>morning b/4 going to the first job. In the<br>morning the hydrocarbons are more dense you<br>then get more bang for your buck.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2000, 11:52 AM
paul paul is offline
Lawnsite Addict
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Chicago,Ill.
Posts: 1,625
I leave skid steers on job sites, don't like to carry 2 or 3 cans around the trailer, I have a 100 gallon diesel tank mounted in my enclosed trailer and 30 gallon gas tank inside for the saws, plate tampers,and generators. By having the tanks I only fill them up once a week by a service. Also don't have to pay tax on the off road fuel saves money! <p>----------<br>paul<br>
Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2000, 12:02 AM
gene gls's Avatar
gene gls gene gls is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Granville, Ma. 01034
Posts: 3,181
I have a simular unit to Keith's. Mine is 20&quot; high by 24&quot; wide and as long as the trailer is wide. It has solid sides with hinged top and steel mesh on the bottom, (same material as tail gate),I put some 3/8 plywood in to set tools on.I would recomend useing Aluminum instead of steel. I designed it to hold two trimmers with handle bars that I use for brush.It holds every thing that I need and then some.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2000, 10:11 PM
tjg tjg is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: North centeral Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Paul, I didn't say which fuel I know.But in Oklahoma the law is up to 60 gals. but only in tanks upto 8 gallons big.You don't have to have a CDL,which I do have,and my tank doesn't have to have #'s on it for gasoline just proper labeling it does have to be certified. Also have to have papers on the fuel to track gallon usage here. Diesel is not this way no signs or limits and such.I have two 1999 725 Grasshoppers and I mow large complexs and can burn 10-15 gallons or more a day and do this 2-3 days a week that would be a lot of filling up those little cans at stations,I like to keep track of the fuel and is easier to do if I buy from one place or as few as I can.<p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<br>T.J. Greenfield
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Page generated in 0.06743 seconds with 8 queries