Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Pressure Washing?

I was just wondering, is there any money in pressure washing if i was to offer it to my customers?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes! There is a lot of money in pressure washing. To your customers, you can offer: drivway, patio and house washing.
Jay
Old 11-05-2007, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree. There is a HUGE< MASSIVE market in our area. With 4 real seasons we see everything. I've solidly considered doing pressure-washing as a part-time business as it is not offered around here.

Some uses:

House, driveway, decks, buildings, large vehicles, fleet vehicles, heavy equipment, shopping carts, graffiti clean-up, fences, pool covers, paint removal, and more and more.

The equipment is a fairly low investment and the returns are great because it's fuel and labor only. Few chemicals, etc.

Plus, very few people actually have pressure washers where a lot of people have mowers and snow-shovels. lol

Hmmmmm. Maybe i'd better save some money up for a rig.

My Girlfriend wants a Lawnsite T-shirt so that I'll pay attention to her some of the time.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah yes but it's just like mowing. its not about doing the work , its about getting the work. www.deckdoctorpressurewashing.com I'v been doing this longer than mowing. It saved me this year in the drought.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCutter View Post
I was just wondering, is there any money in pressure washing if i was to offer it to my customers?

Yes there is money in Pressure washing..... My new toy... 2008 105th anniversary Harley Road King

Also, it is just like mowing, you need the right equipment like the machine in my trailer.

And you need to study all you can. You know the difference between a weed and grass, you also need to know about different dirts, stains, surfaces, flows, pressures, chemicals etc.
Attached Images

Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash
Old 11-07-2007, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Money to be made

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCutter View Post
Had a pressure washing job today. This was one of a half dozen or so I've done in the past month. It took me about two hours to wash a single wide trailer, two gallon bottles of chlorox and not even a tank of gas for the pressure washer. So after all was said and done I had about $10.00 in supplies/gas and made $275.00.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsport View Post
Had a pressure washing job today. This was one of a half dozen or so I've done in the past month. It took me about two hours to wash a single wide trailer, two gallon bottles of chlorox and not even a tank of gas for the pressure washer. So after all was said and done I had about $10.00 in supplies/gas and made $275.00.
Good money there. Learn to do that same job in 45 minutes and you'll throw away the lawn mowers. LOL I had 30 mowing acounts a few years back and sold the biz because it was getting in the way of pressure washing.

Seriously, I can do that mobile home in 30-45 minutes. The thing to remember is that even though you get faster, don't lower the price. As you see, it took you 2 hours. How long would it have taken for home owner to do it? This is how you sell it. Price it with that in mind versus how long it takes you.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Good money there. Learn to do that same job in 45 minutes and you'll throw away the lawn mowers. LOL I had 30 mowing acounts a few years back and sold the biz because it was getting in the way of pressure washing.

Seriously, I can do that mobile home in 30-45 minutes. The thing to remember is that even though you get faster, don't lower the price. As you see, it took you 2 hours. How long would it have taken for home owner to do it? This is how you sell it. Price it with that in mind versus how long it takes you.

That good advise. I will work towards that. I am new at pressure washing and wanted to make sure I did a good job for the customer, however as I was working on it I noticed things I could have done differenty to speed the process up. Thanks again.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been thinking about starting pressure washing, does anyone know a website that i can look at some equipment. I found this site http://www.dultmeier.com/mobile-car-wash.asp, but cant find any more
Old 11-15-2007, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0wNG0 View Post
I have been thinking about starting pressure washing, does anyone know a website that i can look at some equipment. I found this site http://www.dultmeier.com/mobile-car-wash.asp, but cant find any more
http://www.pressuretek.com

Great customer service... Great prices.... And quality equipment.