Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2007, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Member

CPOonfinal,
Would your screen name mean: Chief Petty Officer on his may out the door? I'm in J'ville also. I do lawn maintenance and also pressure wash/surface cleaning. Business is ok. I'm about 80% lawn and 20% washing. As always... looking for more accounts! Good tips on the GPM vs pressure. I'm running 4000 psi at 4 GPM's (hot/cold). I love it! With the right chemical application its a breeze.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Member

TBLC,
You hit the nail on the head with what my name means....former/current military? It is a breeze and with being in this part of the country it's easy to up-sell or even make part of a contract. I'll see you in J-ville next fall so long as my detailer hooks me up.
Chief.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Cool! Nice to meet you bro. I'm Jay... ENCS at the BRIG. Hopefully your detailer will hook you up. Its nice here for the most part.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Cool, I agree. I would PM you but I don't have PM capability. My brother is an ENC BTW. I was stationed in Jax 2 years ago but for only 10mos. Were you there then? If so, we probably met at the porch, maybe more than once. I worked directly across the street from the porch but got transferred to Pcola after a family issue. My wife was already stationed in Pcola. Jax seemed to be a very incestuous place but great other than that. A lot of pressure washing jobs there as well as landscape maintenance. I would love to get contracted to maintain some of the property on the base and maybe do some pressure washing at base housing.
What kind of set-up do you have?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Yes there is money in Pressure washing..... My new toy... 2008 105th anniversary Harley Road King

Also, it is just like mowing, you need the right equipment like the machine in my trailer.

And you need to study all you can. You know the difference between a weed and grass, you also need to know about different dirts, stains, surfaces, flows, pressures, chemicals etc.
If you dont mind me asking what are the specs on the trailor in the first pic? Looks like a great setup to get started. Cost?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have considered this kind of up sell service I am just nervous about the potential for damage. Flagstone peels up and etches easily, paint can also easily peel and that is just with water pressure, to say nothing of what might happen with once you add chem's. to the equation.

How long does it take to get your technique and methodology down? Do I just worry too much? Keep in mind it wont be me it will be employees doing the work. Still think it is a good idea?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Paint peeling, the occasional flower, ripping a shingle, or bleaching something are all things you let the customer know ahead of time. That said, if you use the right tip on your wand you shouldn't have any problems. Like I mentioned before, I use a tip that I can run my hand through. You shouldn't have to apply a lot of pressure while doing this type of job unless you aren't using the right chemicals/soap. To avoid bleaching something move everything away from the house. Also, try to avoid untreated fences. If you rip a shingle you better have a hammer and a nail or roof calking available. I let the customer know the potential for damage but have only killed a tomato plant and removed some sealant off of a beautifully treated deck. I resealed the deck and spent a dollar for a couple tomato plants. No biggie.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillman View Post
If you dont mind me asking what are the specs on the trailor in the first pic? Looks like a great setup to get started. Cost?
20 hp Honda coupled to a 5.6 gpm @3500 psi General TS2021 pump. 225 Gallon water tank and 100 ft Non-Marking Pressure Hose.
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash
Old 01-12-2008, 01:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Yes there is money in Pressure washing..... My new toy... 2008 105th anniversary Harley Road King

Also, it is just like mowing, you need the right equipment like the machine in my trailer.

And you need to study all you can. You know the difference between a weed and grass, you also need to know about different dirts, stains, surfaces, flows, pressures, chemicals etc.

Hey Mike nice bike.Funny seeing you here
Old 01-12-2008, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cleaner View Post
Hey Mike nice bike.Funny seeing you here

I'm everywhere dude. I don't mind helping some grass cutters out if they don't sell PW'ing for mowing prices. LOL
Awesome Pressure Washing and Great Cleaning Service
Follow us on Facebook.. facebook.com/powerwash