Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-18-2000, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

We use a product called Clear Shield distributed by Market America. All of our workers use it with generally great results. You need to see a local MA person. Comes in a 12oz aerosol type can. They seem to last well, but aren't cheap; $22.00 per can.
Old 07-18-2000, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

We use a product called Clear Shield distributed by Market America. All of our workers use it with generally great results. You need to see a local MA person. Comes in a 12oz aerosol type can. They seem to last well, but aren't cheap; $22.00 per can.
Old 07-21-2000, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Member

The main ingredient in TecNue or whatever is Mineral Spirits...... Around here i can buy the spesive CVS medicated wash for 6 bucks for 8 oz or i can go to tractor supply and 99cents later have 2 quarts of mineral spirits.... Note: same results just not as nice of a smell and not a lotion... Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2000, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yardmonkey:<br>Where in oklahoma are you from? I live in broken arrow and am looking for some good dealers and am having trouble finding someone who actually knows anything about the equipment they sell.
Old 07-21-2000, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How do we know that mineral spirits is the main ingredient in Technu? I'll have to try that, the Technu is pretty expensive.<p>Scott - I live in Norman and have been dealing with Metro Turf - they sell Honda, Toro, Shindaiwa, seem to have a good service department. I haven't had occasion to have any repair work yet. They do seem to be good at getting parts. I think they have a lot of mechanics, some veterans and some that come and go. This may be common in larger shops, and it may be worth trying to find a particular guy to deal with rather than just whoever they give it to. I guess you're right by Tulsa, so there are probably lots of dealers there, but I'm not familiar with them. I also found a place in Noble called Dave's Small Engine repair that seems to be good.