Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-11-2007, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I basically stole that machine. Got it from a government auction. It was seized from a big time dealer and used for God knows what. It came was tons of attachments and with less then 400 hours. I paid $7k and think I could have paid less then that if I wouldnt have been so geeked about seeing this machine is such great shape. It made a few other guys interested and I had to out bid them. My wife told me not to expect a thing for christmas because my christmas was Halloween night when we paid for the t190. I felt kinda crazy too because I didnt have a truck to pull it home. Finally got this old dump we bought running and was finally able to put it to work. Today was the first day in about a month that I was able to take a day off....took most of yesterday off too. Havent been able to get on as much as I was, but I am not going to complain.....I will post more pics of everything soon....
Old 11-11-2007, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

tjquick you may want to look into the soil conditioner (harley rake) that bobcat makes. its 2x beefier than the harley and anything else on the market for about the same price. aside from pallet forks for sod , and an auger for planting there is not much more you could need for the machine. we love ours.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like a good deal on the mini... what attachments did you get?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

your permit probably got denied because you're next to a natural wetland. Surprised they didn't fine you for removing the trees in it. Put the silt fence back up until the grass grows, its the right thing to do.

http://www.mowjoelandscaping.com

Design, Build, Maintain
Old 11-15-2007, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

im sorry, what HOA let you use a bobcat at night in atlanta???
Old 11-15-2007, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

LOL....it was only 6pm....that was the day after daylight savings....what a difference in the day it has made....But I am the actual landscape installer for this neighborhood....new still being contructed, with only a few homeowners.....As for the auction, Reids in Villa Rica off Liberity Rd....I am going out that way this weekend, and will tell you when the next auction is.....they have all types of stuff....trucks, tree trucks, power trucks, poo trucks, etc....all kinds of power equipment with the exception of mowing equipment. There is another place on Fulton Industrial and Camp Creek that will have power equipment and enclosed trailers, but main motorcycles and four wheelers.....I am watching now to see how many companies fold after this years drought.....I am sure there will be a aboundant of equipment by mid summer next year when the banks are just looking to get rid of the un-needed equipment.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i see your are doing just fine quick cuts i see you are in the market for a big guy check my sig and my post for pics
Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, a year later and look what we have done? We were actually finished in Late July, but I am just now getting the time to post some pics. The before pics are at the beginning, and here is the result of our hard work. I will try to give a play by play of each set. I have more pics of other jobs, but that will have to be on another day....
As you can see from the date below, this was in Late Jan. the day the final approval was given for the go ahead for the pool, waterfall and walkway, and playarea. Hill was seeded with Rye over the fall and winter. You can also see we added a gate as well, and removed the stairs from the deck.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

and here are more.....The last photo is a good look at how nice and pretty these leylands are. 30Gal, and around 11 to 12 ft tall once planted....Top three pics are just more pics, and the forth pic is of what we were up against. This area is on the Westside of the Stone Mountain rock line, and boy where there plenty of rocks. 22 total Leylands were put in this for added privacy.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2008, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

and here are some after pics of the Leylands being installed.....Now here comes the meat and potatos
Attached Images