Register free!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

What is so "Unique"

I was just going through my AOLP membership package... Lots of offers and brochures from manufacturers.... and what is this I find?

A brochure for Lightcraft ( www.loelights.com ) I have never heard of this company so I open it up and take a look....

Wow.

Seems about 90% of their products are pretty much identical to the Unique fixture line.

Is this a sister organization with Unique? Does Unique manufacture fixtures for other companies? Does Unique not develop and enforce patents on their products? Is this a problem based in their offshore manufacturing? Does the real manufacturer 'moonlight' and offer the same product to others?

From the looks of things, these fixtures are pretty much identical right down to the finish. Thats gotta hurt.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 12-05-2007, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Solecki - INTEGRA View Post
I was just going through my AOLP membership package... Lots of offers and brochures from manufacturers.... and what is this I find?

A brochure for Lightcraft ( www.loelights.com ) I have never heard of this company so I open it up and take a look....

Wow.

Seems about 90% of their products are pretty much identical to the Unique fixture line.

Is this a sister organization with Unique? Does Unique manufacture fixtures for other companies? Does Unique not develop and enforce patents on their products? Is this a problem based in their offshore manufacturing? Does the real manufacturer 'moonlight' and offer the same product to others?

From the looks of things, these fixtures are pretty much identical right down to the finish. Thats gotta hurt.
Old news, search the archives Joey has addressed this already. Last time I looked it hasn't hurt market share much since Unique is still beating the pants off Nightscaping. Did your Nightscaping buddies put you up to this post? Remove 8 screws lately to change a bulb?
Old 12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think your outta your mind. I just clicked on the link and I don't see anything like the 90% that you described. Just a handful of similarities. Why don't you take your beef straight to nate and work it out with him instead of taking cheap shots at him here.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
I think your outta your mind. I just clicked on the link and I don't see anything like the 90% that you described. Just a handful of similarities. Why don't you take your beef straight to nate and work it out with him instead of taking cheap shots at him here.
I have no 'beef' with Nate. I don't even know the guy... I just want some clarification as to what is going on with the fixture lines.

My post was not a cheap shot by any means... you should know this as you are the Professor when it comes to cheap shots.

www.integralighting.com

Old 12-05-2007, 02:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

James sorry but No, NO, No, and No....................

Except we do enforce patents, but patents can only be enforced when infringed upon. Lightcraft makes some decent lights but they are not Unique they only have similarities as do about 10 other lines being sold incase you have not noticed. We have no Partnerships with Lightcraft nor any other manufacturer of outdoor lighting products in the USA or CHINA. Lightcraft has been around a long time and stems from a comany called Rockscapes.

Have a GREAT Day!!
Old 12-05-2007, 05:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

James, obviously you have never wandered out of the nightscape corral to use the Unique products. If you had you would realize that those lights are almost a match to someone more like SPJ and definitely not Unique....not even close my friend. And yeah, it was a cheap shot.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 12-05-2007, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Tim, come on, give me a break.... I have been around the block more then a few times, and have used many many manufacturers product lines. Have I seen them all? No, of course not. Am I loyal to only one manufacturer? Absolutely not. The day one manufacturer can make 100% of the best product available is the day I will be 100% loyal. It isnt going to happen.

I was simply amazed at the number of similarities between Unique and Lightcraft....a line I had never seen before. There was nothing cheap about my inquiry.

www.integralighting.com

Old 12-05-2007, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I just find it hard to believe James that out of that whole AOLP packet that this is the one thing you felt you needed to start a thread on. I mean was there nothing else in that packet you question or would like clarification on? I have no problem with it, I have nothing to hide. To each his own but I think you could have gone about this question in a completely diferent way.
There is not one light in their line that infringes on our patents.

Joey D.

Last edited by JoeyD; 12-05-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
I just find it hard to believe James that out of that whole AOLP packet that this is the one thing you felt you needed to start a thread on. I mean was there nothing else in that packet you question or would like clarification on? I have no problem with it, I have nothing to hide. To each his own but I think you could have gone about this question in a completely diferent way.

Joey D.
Joey, the post was made for one reason and one reason only. To try and embarass Unique lighting and hurt their market share. The guy bleeds Nightscaping rust. He was looking to "take the company down a few notches". I form an opinion of a guy by what product he/she uses. I don't care how talented he/she is if they are using inferior materials then that reflects poorly upon them as a professional. My perception is as well that when one comes in here and boasts of many accomplishments it's either cause they have low self esteem or they are over compensating for something that's lacking. I can tell you with 90-95% accuracy who in here are doing it (busy with lighting work) and who here that are dreaming about it.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I guess I don't know Lightcraft. I thought it was SPJ and RSL who were former partners and whose lines are so similar.