Register free!

Old 12-07-2007, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Billy if you try and read that book cover to cover you are going to drive yourself nuts. Flip around and check stuff out!!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good topic, even though it got thrown for a loop a little. There are so many aspects to all of this you know. Nobody has discussed fluorescents and the mercury levels, etc...

then you got green, you talking about light loss, dark sky, for the air, energt consumptiion...there is so much...I look at it this point, if you are thinking about it you ar doing something and every little bit helps.

I have become sucha greenie over the past year; i have been out of the country 12 times and have seen what other countries are doing and how backwards we are in the states. We think we are doing something but honestly there are products out there that arent even offered in the states because the mfr knows we wont use it. there is no demand for products. then the idea goes back to that its up to all of us one by one to demand change and how we do that. No pilitican is running this wold, we are!!! We are!!! forget them idiots in DC, if we all contacted Philips and said we want those funky bulbs that use 1/10 of the energy are low in polutants and come with boxes to send back to them to recycle the bulb when it blows they would bring it to the states!!!

Then when designing Low volt systems think...okay where am I wasting wattage...all that wire is killing the efficiency of my system...so I need 25feet of wie on every light? what am i doing throing that extra wire away...

light loss going toward the sky or even worse ocean? holy cow...i cant even type theres too much to think about...I know i'm nuts but thats my job now a days!!! its all of our jobs...we are doing good and there's more we can do...

then there's china....ughhhh...