Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2007, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
That light is hideous!
Its purpose is to provide a soft downlight from eaves onto a wall. If used properly, the fixture itself would not even be seen.

Basically, whoever uploaded and oriented the photo did a crappy job. For one, I've only ever seen it used in white, to blend in with white colored eaves, but NS will custom color them for you to match whatever RAL paint color you have...

http://www.nightscaping.com/fixt_spe...bino_specs.htm

http://www.nightscaping.com/linedrwpdfs/gambino.pdf

" Hide the Gambinoliter behind eaves or patio covers to provide soft yet functional downlighting for outdoor dining and sitting areas. This fixture offers you multiple shielding options and unlimited positioning capabilities built-in to the standard design. The Gambinoliter is available in any of Nightscaping’s® powder-coat finishes or the custom color of your choice. "
Old 12-07-2007, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
No, actually Mike used to brag about his other custom built fixtures, but as far as I know didn't make them available for sale even though some people asked.
Probably cause they're fashioned from common plumbing pipes and fittings.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
Its purpose is to provide a soft downlight from eaves onto a wall. If used properly, the fixture itself would not even be seen.

Basically, whoever uploaded and oriented the photo did a crappy job. For one, I've only ever seen it used in white, to blend in with white colored eaves, but NS will custom color them for you to match whatever RAL paint color you have...

http://www.nightscaping.com/fixt_spe...bino_specs.htm

http://www.nightscaping.com/linedrwpdfs/gambino.pdf

" Hide the Gambinoliter behind eaves or patio covers to provide soft yet functional downlighting for outdoor dining and sitting areas. This fixture offers you multiple shielding options and unlimited positioning capabilities built-in to the standard design. The Gambinoliter is available in any of Nightscaping’s® powder-coat finishes or the custom color of your choice. "
So Gambino designs lights for Nightscaping too besides his own pipe fittings?
Old 12-07-2007, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Well there are some around here who seem think it could just as easily have been called the Scalialiter, but I keep telling them they're confusing two different guys... even if they both claim to be from Lawn Guyland.... (that's the phonetic version for us non New Yorkers to pronounce it correctly.)

Old 12-07-2007, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
How many times in ones lifetime would one have the opportunity to use a dock light fixture? Depends where you work I suppose... here we have 250,000 fresh water lakes. Muskoka is dominated by waterfront residential properties and 99% of my clients have docks, boathouses and multiple boats. 90% of the population lives inland with no access to ocean or lakes. Hmmm really? My degree and background in Demography and Economic Geography tells me you are incorrect, again. In fact I'm gonna imagine that if you are coming into a dock in a boat and one of those lights is mounted on a dock it's gonna be pretty close to eye level and you are going to be looking directly into the lamp compartment and be blinded. So NOT the case. Most of our dock surfaces are 18" above the waterline, some at 24". Unless you are coming in to the dock on a Kayak there is no glare or view into the fixture at all. These are Dark Sky Friendly fixtures, the only DSF dock lights on the market. Show me a bullet and maybe I can get excited over it. I live on an island surrounded by water and never once had the occasion to install a dock light. Perhaps your client's are not affluent enough to have waterfront infrastructure. The world can get along just fine without docklights. In fact I wish they'd introduce legislation to outlaw them. The INTEGRA Liter was developed in response to local regulations that limit the type of lighting that can be installed in waterfront application. It is a nice, solid, effective, approved fixture for the application. Others have found many other applications for the fixture too. Decks, Patios, Delineating paths, Creating interesting 360deg. patterns on walls etc etc. Build it and they will come.
I wish they'd do the same about granola and Granola peddling. Jealous!Thank you.

Have a great day.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 12-10-2007, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I could use that Gambino lighter quite well over garage doors and such. It would disappear under the soffit.

I do use several Terradock lighted dock cleats in a year. They do very well and only 5 watts each.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 12-10-2007, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscapespaul View Post
I could use that Gambino lighter quite well over garage doors and such. It would disappear under the soffit.

I do use several Terradock lighted dock cleats in a year. They do very well and only 5 watts each.
I have used 2 of the Gambino Liter fixtures for just that application... over the garage doors, flush mounted to the underside of the soffit. They blended right in and work very well in the application.

Have a great day.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 12-10-2007, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Solecki - INTEGRA View Post
I have used 2 of the Gambino Liter fixtures for just that application... over the garage doors, flush mounted to the underside of the soffit. They blended right in and work very well in the application.

Have a great day.
That's what I've been saying all along, Gambino is a Genious and deserves the nobel peace prize.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread is getting really funny!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Solecki - INTEGRA View Post

Have a great day.
I hope you didnt power them up with a UL 1838 TF. That wouldnt be up to code now would it??