Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-08-2007, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Member

How i started and were i am now

It all started when i was allitle kid i just always wanted to be outdoors and always wanted to play in the sand box with my construction toys or either help my father in the yard. From there i became in love with doing yard work and helping my father mow the lawn. I knew for sure that i wanted to become a Landscaper and would run my own buisness. When i was about 12 i started out with my dads husqvarna push mower and this old trimmer and a craftsman blower and mowed my next door neighboors lawn across the street. Eventualy my name had spread and i started to get more calls and became alot bigger with about 5 lawn accounts. So i decided to buy my first mower that i payed for with my own money wich was a craftman Lt3000 brand new for $1200. I mowed on a weekly base and started to buy more equiment and eventualy got to the point where i started to have about 15acounts. I also had lots of landscaping jobs lined up and couldnt do it all by my self so i hired my brother and my couzin. All the money i got from the landcaping jobs and mowing acounts i upgraded to new equiment and sold the craftman and bought a ferris 52 in and all new echo equiment trimmers edgers ect.and A Kubota and i bought cat skid steer from my uncle brand new. As of today i am 16 years old and curently run my buisness FIGUEIREDO LANDSCAPE CO. and work with my buddy full time. I also will be atending a landscaping school and plan on going to college to get a degree in landscape design.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Let me know what you think?
Old 12-09-2007, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

thats awesome. I am also 16 years old. I have went to work with my father since i was about the age of 8. Every summer and weekends. In 1998 he started his own excavation business and since we have grown. Since i work for him i don't have much time but i am looking to start my own lawn business. Any suggestions to make? please let me know. Also post some pictures of your eqiupment. i'd love to have your operation. thanks alot,mike
Old 12-09-2007, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanx Mike i wish my dad ran a exvavation buisness anyways so u want to start your own lawn business well first u will have to think of a name for your buisness then start making flyers and if u want i think doorhangers are better but go around your nieghboor hood and pass then out. For a mower i would start out with a Snapper 21 high vac or a honda depending on your budget or get get something cheaper like a craftsman or husqvarna. For trimmers i would invest in a good echo from homedepot becasue u cant go wrong with the 5 year warranty but if thats to pricey then start with a craftsman.
For a blower i would get a echo handheld at homedepot or if thats to pricey then go with a craftsman. Eventualy when u get more accounts then you could upgrade.Then when your company gets bigger well idk if you want to make it a career but you can do the landscaping part of it. Hope this helped you if you any other questions just ask and i will try to post some onf the pictures by next week.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

congrats, I wish I had that much equipment I have been saving up to buy some land and build a warehouse.
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds