Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-09-2007, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know what all the talk is about the 2% return on the fliers. Not saying that it couldn't be an accurate average for your area but i am get a much higher response percentage in my area and also gaining a high percentage of those calls as customers. You may want to put a little more thought into the design and wording of your advertising. You can easily gain 50 customers by the early part of the mowing season. I am usually getting about 20%-25% return as far as calls go and similar results for actual business with my fliers.

No Bunk Lawn Care........
Old 12-09-2007, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schunklawn View Post
I don't know what all the talk is about the 2% return on the fliers. Not saying that it couldn't be an accurate average for your area but i am get a much higher response percentage in my area and also gaining a high percentage of those calls as customers. You may want to put a little more thought into the design and wording of your advertising. You can easily gain 50 customers by the early part of the mowing season. I am usually getting about 20%-25% return as far as calls go and similar results for actual business with my fliers.

Thanks for sharing that, that makes me feel a little better about doing it.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Member

i agree. i've gotten many responses from my flyers. They are relatively simple and dont cost much to print off. i've invested about 16.00 in flyers and have made over 400.00 from them in just the past week.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowtivations lawncare View Post
i agree. i've gotten many responses from my flyers. They are relatively simple and dont cost much to print off. i've invested about 16.00 in flyers and have made over 400.00 from them in just the past week.
So what do you guys do, you make them your self and take to print shop and have them mass-print for you or what?
Old 12-09-2007, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
So what do you guys do, you make them your self and take to print shop and have them mass-print for you or what?
i make them on my spreadsheet on my computer and i WAS taking them to office max or office depot or kinkos and printing them off at .08 cents a copy but my wife takes em to her job and prints em for free now.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

Do you mind sharing this flyer?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

What is your demographic criteria for your mailing lists?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarboy View Post
Do you mind sharing this flyer?
I would also be interested in seeing a flyer that produces such a great rate of return especially one made in a spreadsheet program versus one made with an illustration program.

Also for those that are considering the lowballing method you need to go read the post about how another member nearly lost his business in '95 and shares his experience. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=208711
Old 12-09-2007, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

i will get a pic of atleast my leaf and snow removal flyers on soon....i don't know where my grass cutting and mulching ones are.....

No Bunk Lawn Care......
Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

i have also gained a lot of lawn cutting customers just from doing a one or two time leaf removal or snow removal job...its a beautiful thing....i think that mowing, mulching, shrub trimming, leaf removal and snow blowing for clients is a major money maker that is straight forward and easily manageable without getting too out of line as far as how many different services you offer. i fertilize and stuff too but those services are the core of my business....i love it....