Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2007, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

REWARD $1000 CASH- Im looking for my stolen 2008 PJ DUMP TRAILER

Im Looking for my 2008 PJ dump trailer that was stolen from New Castle, DE on 12/07/07. It is 14' x 6.5' all black with white and red reflective strips down the middle of the side. It also has on the passenger side a spare tire mounted half way up the side (that could have been removed). Im offering a $1000 CASH reward with no questions asked for information leading to its location. I also had some hand tools along with a wacker 1550 compacting plate in the trailer. The wacker is missing its tubular cage around it. Please call the police if you think you have located it, or call me at 302-229-5356 thanks Nick

here is a picture of it
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...03/trailer.jpg
Old 12-11-2007, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow
Good luck with catching the @#!!%$%$ that took it!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

damn that sucks.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'll keep my eye open for it, and would suggest you keep your eye on the online auction sites. There are hundreds of dump trailers listed on EBAY at any one time. The unfortunate part is that unless you check each serial number yourself, every dump trailer looks almost exactly the same Good luck
Old 12-11-2007, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Stolen Trailer

I live in Newark, De and have seen many trailers similar to that but they all look the same! Anything that would be more specific (tag, yes they might be that stupid!) would be great. I will definitely keep my eye out for it.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Around where I live you have to register trailers, steal a licensed one and you're as stuck as you would be with a stolen car, nobody will buy it from you because the DMV has the trailer VIN (I think serial number is the VIN) on file. I'm not 100% sure how it works because it's been 6 years since I bought mine but I do know I have a title for my trailer that's just like a car title, has a lot of the same information, even looks the same.

A thief could try and steal it, but it would do them little good, other than they could drive it up the road so they can unload it undisturbed, but keeping it wouldn't be a good idea unless they're taking it a few states away, and even then it could be bad news.

If someone were to steal mine before I had a chance to tag it, I would first look for the paperwork and see if I could obtain the Vin or serial number for it then report it stolen, here the local constabulary and the DMV are linked, when someone tries to register a stolen trailer it's all that bad news story all over again.

I'm guessing not all states do this...?

Unless someone is running a chop shop for trailers, but that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Last edited by topsites; 12-11-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I occassionally letter my business trucks, but don't feel it's a need.

But this post really made me realize that my idea to letter my cargo trailer would be a good idea after all.

When I get my first dumper, I'll letter it too.

Could make-or-break a theft.

There is not time to remove letters during a theft, and thieve usually don't like being a bulletin board going down the road.

Maybe we can help you keep an eye on Craigslist and stuff.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 12-12-2007, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you find who took it....toss 'em a beatin'!!!!!!! Post pics of the aftermath.

Lawn care in Pensacola, Florida.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatiosInstalled View Post
Im Looking for my 2008 PJ dump trailer that was stolen from New Castle, DE on 12/07/07. It is 14' x 6.5' all black with white and red reflective strips down the middle of the side. It also has on the passenger side a spare tire mounted half way up the side (that could have been removed). Im offering a $1000 CASH reward with no questions asked for information leading to its location. I also had some hand tools along with a wacker 1550 compacting plate in the trailer. The wacker is missing its tubular cage around it. Please call the police if you think you have located it, or call me at 302-229-5356 thanks Nick

the tag # is T59353

Where was it stolen from in New Castle?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

mdvaden, I used to be in the business. You're right about the lettering it makes it less desirable to take. Even if you peel off the lettering you can still see the writing in the light.
Topsites, not sure how it works there but here we can licence a trailer as Homebuilt. I used to build trailers and have my own stamps for punching vin numbers under my business name. No problem getting it restamped. Weight, colour, and a couple of receipts and you are good to go.
I usually weld my name in several places on the frame.