Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

hey guys is it ok if i make a post on my thread about equipment? haha
pics of my john deere ct332 coming soon!!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

More of a "want" than a "need."[/QUOTE]

That is so true. I bet if there was a poll - and everyone being honest - i would dare say most purchases are exactly that. I am with in regards to mowers. I always bought all mowers new, except the two WAMS I run. Couldn't justify 50-60K for a mower. I bought ours a few years ago around 10-12K range. They produced $$. Sure one can say what about break downs etc but no matter which way you slice it - bottom line is what it is about at the end of the day, month, year. Big ticket items for me - like a new skid for example - that is a machine that is used all year for us, and I look at around 750 - 1000 hours / year. But for me to go out and by a new WAM cuz it is pretty looking and were only running 30 hours a week on a machine - that is like bying the new DINGO. Sure is going to generate X over 3 years but..............................
Old 02-07-2008, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
LAWNWORKS - I here ya. Although I did break down this winter and purchased a new BOBCAT S205 Skid. I did trade in an older skid - got 4 times for what I paid for it 5 years ago and traded in a WAM that was in need of repairs - got 3 times what I paid for that as well. I know the trade vs straight out deals but what was given to-boot, I am better off and in a new machine.
how do you like the s205 i own 2 of them acaully i love the machine i hear there 36,000 all done up now
Old 02-07-2008, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I never said anything about buying a new one. I'll most likely buy used and I never said I'll make 120k just because of the dingo. I said a chunk of that 120k will be because of the dingo and its increased productivity/lower costs on sod installs. I'm getting killed when I rent a full size and don't need the size 90% of the time. I can't find anyone that rents a dingo. One place rents a Bobcat MT55 but its less than $100 more for a full size one.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Finding a used 525 is a pipe dream... and if you do find one they will want 18k for it. And you did say The amount of 120k thats earned DIRECTLY because of the Dingo will also make it worth while.

But anyway, good luck finding a used mini skid. If you can keep an eye out for a month or two, you can find a great deal. I have seen boxer's go on ironplanet for 5-7k w/ very low hours. I have purchased a couple of mini skids for $3500 and resold them, so the deals are out there. You will never find a deal on a 525 though... there is too much demand for that model.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso Services View Post
hey guys is it ok if i make a post on my thread about equipment? haha
pics of my john deere ct332 coming soon!!!!
New or used? How much did that set you back?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

MRSOPS: - So far great. I got the advanced hand controls - that way all guys are able to switch over to what there comfortable with. I looked at the Cat, NH, Case, JD but bottom line was service, dealer and location. Therefore bringing my choices down to BC or NH. I clearly liked the BC better. If I had needed a bigger machine - joystick controls hands down. I ran a few of those on a few grading, backfilling jobs we had and loved them. Thing was I don't need that big of machine - kinda like a "want" not a need and opted for the S205. With the AHC's, bucket, 2 speed, high flow it listed for 37K. Only thing I wish I could do is increase responce time on the up/down/dump cycle, and maybe bend the arms a bit so when i go forward there not in the glass of the cab or as I have done already - knock out the little luvers on the vents cuz the sticks hit them at full speed forward. But so far - all we have used it on has been snow and with the said - it has been great for us.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnworks View Post
New or used? How much did that set you back?
2006 used with 1800hrs, looks and runs like new, new tracks, cab, heat/ac, hydro coupler, nice paint, tinted windows. 25k. i have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn to fix a exhaust leak on my truck so i can hitch up and go get it. i have been wanting one for years now!!!cant wait to put it to work!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

PICS please !!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

coming soon!!