Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-25-2012, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman1 View Post
Hey Picasso,
Did you ever build that trailer that was partially enclosed?

I am about to start a new build and would love to see pics of yours if you did it.
Best of luck with the new year!!!
Funny you say that, i just took the picture out last night i sketched up. Im thinking about building 2 of them and use them for the universal mowing/landscape trailer.

Either that or buy another $12,000 enclosed.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakescape View Post
Those trucks are very close to where I live. I was looking at a new f450 too, but I dont like how short the cab to axle lengths are on those trucks. I know the rear axle is supposed to carry most of the weight, but when those trucks are loaded it looks like there is no weight on the front axle and the front suspension is fully extended. Also, I could never buy a truck with a landscape dump body less than 12ft long; we do a lot a leaf removal in the fall so any truck I buy would need to be used during leaf season too. Were you looking at the 9ft bed as a mowing truck? The switch n go system has been growing on me, since I could switch out a body for each season and have more uses for one truck. Their electric winch and electric over hydraulic hoist doesn't impress me, but their all hydraulic version powered by the pto looks promising if the price is reasonable. I just can't find any decent used trucks on truckpaper or craigslist.

Im keeping plowing in mind so i want a 84" c.a measument and a 9'6" bed for a tight turning radius. I have a 9.5 now with a leaf box and as long as we pre mulch everything we can do a full days work in one load. We put a HUGE amount of leaves in that truck.

In the spring im also shooting for a F-750 hooklift so that will turn into the leaf truck. I to looked for a switch n go for awhile, hard to find used. But im not going to pay 14k for that system that everyone complains about. For light duty use yes, serious use needs a hook.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
just make sure you don't wind up with my old ford LCF... it finally sold at a dealer auction and some dealer somewhere will be trying to sell it off as a great truck somewhere.
was that the LCF with the switch n go on it?
Old 12-25-2012, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Keep us posted if you do build, please!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I will scan and upload a picture soon of the trailer.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
was that the LCF with the switch n go on it?
sure was what a waste of $$$. I do miss the switch-n-go but the LCF spent 4 months of its life with us in the shop and according to ford "everything was in spec" it was just too dangerous to keep on the road, stalling out all the time and overheating. at the end of the lease I turned it back in and just got my measly check from where they auctioned it off. I could have done much better buying the truck off lease from ford and selling it to someone myself but I just couldn't do that to someone.