Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-17-2007, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

and now hes missing... what a weird question to ask on a public forum. altho ive heard worse. o well.

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 12-17-2007, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Even if someone were to give up this information, it wouldn't be at all useful because one wouldn't know what the "net" was without plundering all through the books. I've come to realize that people who make large gross sales do not impress me (nor are they trying). It's all about net profit after everything is said and done. I know of two individuals who do 1.5 to 2mil in gross sales per year, yet their net profits dictate that they should work for McDonalds flipping burgers instead. Poor money management, over-spending, no idea of budget.......It all results in poor profit, yet they drive really nice trucks to try to portray some kind of "image". I say **** image! I'd rather live in peace in a paid for home with no debt! If you guys want the name of a real hero, google Dave Ramsey!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Even if someone were to give up this information, it wouldn't be at all useful because one wouldn't know what the "net" was without plundering all through the books. I've come to realize that people who make large gross sales do not impress me (nor are they trying). It's all about net profit after everything is said and done. I know of two individuals who do 1.5 to 2mil in gross sales per year, yet their net profits dictate that they should work for McDonalds flipping burgers instead. Poor money management, over-spending, no idea of budget.......It all results in poor profit, yet they drive really nice trucks to try to portray some kind of "image". I say **** image! I'd rather live in peace in a paid for home with no debt! If you guys want the name of a real hero, google Dave Ramsey!
You are oh so right Chris, it's the net that counts. I try to maintain a 25% or higher net profit. I hear of people that are lucky to keep 10% and wonder why they even bother.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 12-17-2007, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have no idea that's why I asked. I'm doing lighting with myself and two helpers and did 600K this yr gross lighting sales. I want to increase my business and was wondering what kind of gross you'd need to support an infrastructure of 6 employees dedicated to lighting. Didn't mean to rustle feathers. If anyone wants to know. My net was over 200K. Not bad for a sideline. Now I'm going to lay all that cash on my bed and roll on it naked.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

If you are actually getting that kind of profit with only two employees, then I'd say "if it aint broke then don't try to fix it! That's a great business model, and you should just be happy and humble.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
If you are actually getting that kind of profit with only two employees, then I'd say "if it aint broke then don't try to fix it! That's a great business model, and you should just be happy and humble.
I'm looking to take it to the next level. . My Prices are going up in 08 but I want to do a mil next year and I'm anticipating having to hire 2 more guys and put another stocked truck on the road.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
I have no idea that's why I asked. I'm doing lighting with myself and two helpers and did 600K this yr gross lighting sales. I want to increase my business and was wondering what kind of gross you'd need to support an infrastructure of 6 employees dedicated to lighting. Didn't mean to rustle feathers. If anyone wants to know. My net was over 200K. Not bad for a sideline. Now I'm going to lay all that cash on my bed and roll on it naked.
If you're making over 33% than you are doing great!! Keep up the good work!

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Id say your doing just fine. If i could be there id be set. Don't force growth if your doing that well. Good job!

Always a lesson, never a failure.

www.meangreenlawncare.com
Old 12-17-2007, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the kind sentiments. this last year we really "ground it out" and squeezed every bit out of it. I don't think this pace can be replicated next year without something giving. If the demand is strong as it was this year (God willing) then I do believe I can attain my goal but it will definately require another crew and truck. Maybe if I go to AOLP in Jan they will show me the way.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Your talking about a 66% increase in sales next year on top of an already substaintial gross revenue "description". Good luck with your goals!