Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-16-2007, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Spider slope mower

Anyone here see the new radio controlled Spider slope mower from Slope Care (dvorak). Was just wondering what the price on this critter is. Google it, there's an interesting video at their site.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I read that the pice is around 38,000.... I saw it run at EXPO this year. Silly machine.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

For THAT price it is, indeed silly. Although it would be fun to demo. I have a roadside that I mow that is on the side of a very busy 2-lane road. Could you imagine the double takes and fenderbenders caused when your average suburban idiot on a cell phone sees that thing mowing seemingly without an operator? It'd probably worth using as a sight gag, LOL!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I am with a company in Atlanta that is currently selling to IDL02 Spider. It's truly an amazing machine, even for 40k. I was skeptical at first - thought it was nothing more than a 40k toy, but I was wrong. The thing goes anywhere and cuts anything you want.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I want one of those! I could sit in my lawn chair and mow anything I wanted!
Quick 36" Super Duty
Crappy troybilt 21" trim mower
Husqvarna Blower
Springfield XD 40 5" Tactical Barrel
Next: Bigger enclosed trailer 7x16 or bigger
Old 05-02-2008, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectEarth View Post
I think I read that the pice is around 38,000.... I saw it run at EXPO this year. Silly machine.
yup, that price is right....it's very expensive but can mow a 55 degree slope and is a lot cheaper than some other options for people such as the state DOT's that are mowing the steep banks alongside interstate highways.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:00 AM
LawnSite Member

also golf courses, levees, interstate on-ramps, landfills, etc. We did a demo the other day on a levee that had waiste-high wet grass and the slope was probably 35 degrees. The guy we demoed for was absolutely blown away. In a hour, the Spider did what would have taken his crew a half day to do....and it only required one man and one machine. Within 10 years, 75% of cities and counties in this country will utilize this type of machine. It just makes sense.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyropt View Post
also golf courses, levees, interstate on-ramps, landfills, etc. We did a demo the other day on a levee that had waiste-high wet grass and the slope was probably 35 degrees. The guy we demoed for was absolutely blown away. In a hour, the Spider did what would have taken his crew a half day to do....and it only required one man and one machine. Within 10 years, 75% of cities and counties in this country will utilize this type of machine. It just makes sense.
I've been trying to make myself a millionaire for many years now but for some odd reason I still don't have the money...
Oh and I know 38g is a far cry from a million but somehow I don't got even close to that either.
Don't ask me, I don't know what happens with money except it keeps slipping away unnoticed, the stuff mysteriously vanishes.
Poof

Last edited by topsites; 05-02-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It is indeed an interesting machine, not silly at all. It has its place for berms and big slopes. Most contracts that require specialty slope mowers will more then pay for this type of machine in one season.

Cheers
Old 05-02-2008, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyropt View Post
I am with a company in Atlanta that is currently selling to IDL02 Spider. It's truly an amazing machine, even for 40k. I was skeptical at first - thought it was nothing more than a 40k toy, but I was wrong. The thing goes anywhere and cuts anything you want.
we are selling them too, but are in WNC