Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-30-2007, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well what did you decide dude? I can't imagine needing MH or any other type of HID. The site lighting should be done. This is arch. type lighting I assume. Anyway, I'm been in and out of the country lately so I may have missed alot, but Chris, let us know what you decide.

On a side note...I have been in lighting since 1978...as my family owned lighting showrooms...I have repped Kichler, Dinico, etc...I owned my own distribution business for 10 years...I was bought out, worked for them, and now work for Sandals as their full time director of lighting and have paired up with someone we are bringing in for creative ideas...this guy is brilliant and i'm not sharing his name, sorry!!! The ideas he came up with on a few things like creative ways to better light beach parties without glare blew me away...there are guys and gals out there like that...

Don't think that bringing in someone makes you less of a person. I brought someone in that I didnt know because I know what the people I know know. It's the people you dont know that have ideas that we may not have...

please let us know what you decided on doing though
Old 12-30-2007, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree hid or metal halide will be way to bright.
CF in a low watage might just work from what i been reading.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteTymeIlluminations View Post
Well what did you decide dude? I can't imagine needing MH or any other type of HID. The site lighting should be done. This is arch. type lighting I assume. Anyway, I'm been in and out of the country lately so I may have missed alot, but Chris, let us know what you decide.

On a side note...I have been in lighting since 1978...as my family owned lighting showrooms...I have repped Kichler, Dinico, etc...I owned my own distribution business for 10 years...I was bought out, worked for them, and now work for Sandals as their full time director of lighting and have paired up with someone we are bringing in for creative ideas...this guy is brilliant and i'm not sharing his name, sorry!!! The ideas he came up with on a few things like creative ways to better light beach parties without glare blew me away...there are guys and gals out there like that...

Don't think that bringing in someone makes you less of a person. I brought someone in that I didnt know because I know what the people I know know. It's the people you dont know that have ideas that we may not have...

Got any photos of the lighting improvements you've made at Sandals?
Doing and LV there or all line?
Which LV manu's have you used if any?
Thanx
Old 01-02-2008, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
The job is on private property. It is a second phase to a well established gated community. This phase is the country club / marina, and the bridge is the entrance to the front of the club house area (see photos). There are actually three more bridges on this property that lead to this island, but that phase is a later project. I just need to accomplish this design first. Time is running out as I am putting together my estimates this week (whether it includes the bridge or not). If you can help, I would certainly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.
This is a Utility type lighting job..............Lots of light required.........I would use HID on exciting boxes or add poles on back side of wall, use can use exciting boxes and drill through wall for power (120 volts) the advantage of the poles is you can get the lamp of high and then maybe use a more decorative fixture . I would not over think this...................
Old 01-02-2008, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

What is an exciting box? What is it's purpose?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteTymeIlluminations View Post

Sounds like you are having some fun! I was at the Sandals Grande St. Lucian last year and thought of many ways they could drastically improve the property with great lighting. Most of the resorts I have visited in the Caribbean, (and in N. America for that matter) could use better outdoor lighting.

The guy you brought on board with the great ideas and experience... are his initials P. L. by any chance? If so, send me a PM as I would like to re-connect with him. This is an area that I have always 'dreamed' of entering and just need a bigger kick in my butt with a frozen boot to get moving on. I have the contacts, but the distance / international issue have always held me back.

Keep in touch.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
i think he may have meant "existing". At least it reads better that way...
Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
existing.......................sometimes my fingers can not spell
Old 01-03-2008, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate mullen View Post
existing.......................sometimes my fingers can not spell
hehe. Thanks for the update. I was looking forward to getting my hands on some kind of box that was going to make me happy......
Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

i still think hid will be way to bright. order a hid and compact floro and light em up one night off a cord or generator out there and see. Kinda like a Line voltage demo. It really is too bad there are not taller posts out there.