Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-05-2008, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4900bruce View Post
Ausman yes you are correct I was screwed and continue to be screwed ,2006 RC30 with enclosed cab and crisp air air con and 4in1 bucket $62000.00aud.
Sorry you are sounding like our robbing dealer when you say we are over working the machine .It can only carry 1 bucket load of soil at a time ,so are these machines not designed to work 8 hr days 5 days a week like all other makes?
For all considering ASV gear here are some facts .The idler wheel bearings do not have seals so they start falling of at 200 hrs.ASV has put a round metal disc on stub axles which is in contact with inside of wheels .This disc rubs against inside of wheels and wears inside of wheel away including circlip groove ,circlip comes out of now none existent groove .grit destroys dust seal and then bearing.
front torsion bar suspension collapses at about 400 hrs(not designed to carry wet sticky mud as in earthmoving).weld steel blocks to frame to hold front of machine up off tracks,dont have suspension now.
if there is a electricail problem machine may stop at any time eg bucket half way up cant lower bucket down so cant open door to get out of machine.
Supports holding arms to machine ,welds starting to crack.
starter motor does not engage ,brought new one from dealer $700.00 ,200 hrs later this one is not always engaging and have been told can get same starter motor from cat dealer for $170.00
I could go on and I am only 1 of 3 RC30 owners that I Know off and they could tell you how drive motor axles break every 700 hrs.
please Ausman if you love RC30 so much take mine and get me out of my misery.
As for the dealer I have had to get the dept of fair trading involved to get any warranty work done
Please any body reading this dont buy these machines ,They will ruin you.
4900Bruce..Its a bummer you are having the problems you are having. I don't know how ASV is set up in Australia but I know they have a website that allows you to try to contact someone if you aren't getting satisfaction with your local dealer. Maybe ASV has a factory guy down there that you can contact.

I know that ASV has sold heaps of RC30s. There must be more than 3 in all of Australia.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I brought the RC30 to go with my 1.8 ton kubota excavator .both are good for the limited acess market.all my work is hourly plant hire so the slower I go the more I make,I have no reason to abuse my machinery as some are implying.
I am now trying to get out of the RC30 any way I can and trying to get the best trade in possible eg buy most expensive machine dealer has.
Have been told N.S.W. dealer is not re tendering for ASV dealership(giving them bad name)so wont be able to get spares soon and they need lots.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Member

My RC 30 has me singing a similar tune. Many problems, oddly though none like yours. Most all related to build quality, the latest are a fuel gage or sending unit out, and the beginnings of a scary sounding hydraulic noise- looking at other sites, and on U-Tube this machine is very unreliable. I am not alone by any means on this. It is one of the highest maintenance machines I have ever owned.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

As i have posted in here at least 10 times, there is an upgrade to fix your wheel problem, Drill countersink and screw the disc to the wheel then the groove cannot wear out, all of my machines have this done and no more drama, the cracking, there is a bracket that can be fitted and it has been availible for years. i have never had a tower crack off, never. it is cosmetic. Also the machine does not have enought power to run air con. Seen 2 drive motors break in over 50 machines i know and both were overworking it.

If you dont have an ASV here you cant get work.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

oh and the torsion axles your dealer did not fit the torsion axle limiters, cost $250 plus fitting ususally free in australia.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Drama.

I fix my stuff when it breaks, then move on.

the end.

J.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah and i have helped many many people on this forum make their machines work.

Been doing this for 20 years i have dealers in the USA now wanting me to train them on ASV preperation, and i am just an owner.

Our results speak for themselves.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey.

I listen to you. I have done your mods to my 50 and all is good.
I just got my new PT80 and I am working a deal for a nice RC30.

Thanks again.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi I hear what you are saying and I am pleased that you are telling any prospective buyer of RC30s that when they purchase a RC30 they should be prepared to spend money and time on a brand new machine to bring it upto scratch or they could save that time ,money and down time and purchase a machine from another maker and enjoy going to work and making money with out all the ASV dramas.
I wish you had told me that 18 months agoe .
Ausman still waiting for you to buy my one,maybe you exagerated when you said they are in demand in Queensland.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

send me photos but the air cab retracts from the thing and it needs and axle and upgrades will you take 22k