Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-06-2008, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

As with all pieces of equipment. There are going to be some good ones and bad ones. It seems that you and some other people on here have had some problems. I know I have had them with my RC50.

It sounds more like your dealer is the problem. It seems like they have completely written you off!! If they won't listen to your demands, get your lawer involved.

I am not sure who it was, but one of youguys with an RC30 (and it was your primary machine) wants to trade it in on a 277C? If you are doing work that requires a machine of that size (277C) and you bought an RC30 then you created your own problem.

I mean look at an RC30. The are a purpose built Light duty machine. If you can't look at one and tell that then you need to quit the business. As for every machine they are going to have weekness (And you guys have certainly found yours)

After hearing and thinking about the problems you guys have. I am still going to get one. I feel that for what my application is, an RC30 is going to be the right machine. i am not going to be doing heavy digging with it, or beating on it at all. its use is going to be primarily clean up behind my mini excavator, and Johny on the spot work where its size will have huge advantages.

If I have trouble with it, I will be on here complaing. But the difference is. I GET A DEALER MAINTANCE AND REPAIR CONTRACT IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I have an SR80 and I am wondering what machines are affected by this problem?

jmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausman View Post
As i have posted in here at least 10 times, there is an upgrade to fix your wheel problem, Drill countersink and screw the disc to the wheel then the groove cannot wear out, all of my machines have this done and no more drama, the cracking, there is a bracket that can be fitted and it has been availible for years. i have never had a tower crack off, never. it is cosmetic. Also the machine does not have enought power to run air con. Seen 2 drive motors break in over 50 machines i know and both were overworking it.

If you dont have an ASV here you cant get work.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Read a bunch of the posts here, and thought some feedback might help. I have had my ASL300 (rc-30) for 4 years now and have just gone over 1000
hours.
I have replace two drive motors and about 8 roller wheels to the tune of aboit 4,000 dollars with repairs being done by an ASV Dealer and a local CAT dealer.
My thoughts? The machine is hard to replace. IMO there is none better for doing serious work in tight areas. Have I overworked ot? Absolutely! What broke or was worn was due to harder than designed type work plain and simple. Would I buy another? Absolutely.
I want to go bigger to avoid the "Overwork" issue, but with no ASV dealer close I am considering a CAT 247 next time. Patienlt waiting for these U/C issues to be minimized (and proven) with the new series though.
If I had it my way, I would always keep an rc-30 handy.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Go for the 247, my undercarriage is at the 200 hour mark and all I have ever done is concrete/black top demo, gravel hauling/grading, hard digging and brush cutting, so far, there are only minor nicks and cuts in the tracks, none of which have gone any deeper than 3mm and all the rollers are still smooth with only some of the outer roller hubs chipped, but all the rubber is still smooth.

Technically, the work I do, makes any ASV owner cringe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 07-06-2008, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ron.

Not tooting your horn here, but I do excatally what you do with your little kitty with my ASVs. I ain't cringing. Not a bit.

Its a freaking loader guys! If I worried about everything that I shouldn't do with mine. I would never get another job!!.

J.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Our Polaris version of the RC30 has been fairly trouble free. It isn't built to 'contractor grade' but for the niche it is in it performs great. We use this machine but don't abuse it.

4900bruce, sorry you are having so much trouble but it sounds like a bigger machine would be a better choice. It is never fun having a bad dealer either.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Peterson Grading View Post
Ron.

Not tooting your horn here, but I do excatally what you do with your little kitty with my ASVs. I ain't cringing. Not a bit.

Its a freaking loader guys! If I worried about everything that I shouldn't do with mine. I would never get another job!!.

J.
Do you bury your undercarriage up to the bottom of the squirrel cage in 3/4" clear stone too?

Old 07-07-2008, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yep. Sure do. So your not special ron. lol
Old 07-07-2008, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Peterson Grading View Post
Yep. Sure do. So your not special ron. lol

My mommy says I'm special.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mine says that too. But I think she's high.

J.