Register free!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's true, that mount would work with uplights too. Thanks Paul.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Scapes View Post
is that just on brass or on azt's as well ?
The warranty program is for azt as well as brass. As long as your customer maintains the service program with you, Kichler will back up their warranty. If you need more info, contact Kichler and ask them to send you the packet on their "Kichler for Life" program.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Vista makes a surface mount in either brass or aluminum. 2 3/4" diam x 3/4" ht.

http://www.vistapro.com/Files/Specs/WB-150-spec.pdf
Old 12-28-2007, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

FYI we offer a program called the Consumer Buyer Protection Plan. It is a program for you installers that will allow Unique to notonly warranty our products for life which we do anyway on Brass and TF's but also alows us to back you the installer on warranting the integrity of the installation. You guys fill out the according paperwork, most of which you do anyway for a closeout packet, you then send it to us and we file it. You give your customers a copy along witht he certificate and should you ever get out of the buisness or dissapear Unique will be able to help and assist the homeowner or new contractor with troubleshooting the system should anything fail.

It is a really good marketing tool for you guys. Again we warranty with or without the paperwork this just allows us to help them with how the system is laid out.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
The warranty program is for azt as well as brass. As long as your customer maintains the service program with you, Kichler will back up their warranty. If you need more info, contact Kichler and ask them to send you the packet on their "Kichler for Life" program.
I emailed mike S about it and he said it was a limited test program and he was not sure if they are still offering it. He will email me when he finds out.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
FYI we offer a program called the Consumer Buyer Protection Plan. It is a program for you installers that will allow Unique to notonly warranty our products for life which we do anyway on Brass and TF's but also alows us to back you the installer on warranting the integrity of the installation. You guys fill out the according paperwork, most of which you do anyway for a closeout packet, you then send it to us and we file it. You give your customers a copy along witht he certificate and should you ever get out of the buisness or dissapear Unique will be able to help and assist the homeowner or new contractor with troubleshooting the system should anything fail.

It is a really good marketing tool for you guys. Again we warranty with or without the paperwork this just allows us to help them with how the system is laid out.
but for your program EVERYTHING has to be unique right ? right down to the wire. some of us cannot readily get unique wire. Say I were to install a couple of "the other guys" recessed lights on your system... does this void the protection plan ? Maybe we need to start a new warranty thread and find out if guys have had to use em or not.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Scapes View Post
but for your program EVERYTHING has to be unique right ? right down to the wire. some of us cannot readily get unique wire. Say I were to install a couple of "the other guys" recessed lights on your system... does this void the protection plan ? Maybe we need to start a new warranty thread and find out if guys have had to use em or not.
You are correct in that everything should be Unique when talking fixtures and transformers. But say you are using a style light like you said that is going to be recessed. Unqiue does not make this light so we are not going to hurt you hear we just cant warranty that light should it fail. The homeowner should know that the light is covered by its own manufacturer warranty.

Now where you are wrong is that you dont need to use Unique wire. Nor do you really need to use our Hubs. You just need to wire in a Hub format, document each runs amp load and voltage as well what tap it is hooked to on the TF and what TF it is on. Pretty simple stuf. You do need to provide a simple as built drawing as well.

Essentially we just require what we believe everyone should be doing anyway. You should always have a closeout packet documenting everything you did on the job for future reference and maintanence. Our forms just help you with that.

Joey D.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
Vista makes a surface mount in either brass or aluminum. 2 3/4" diam x 3/4" ht.

http://www.vistapro.com/Files/Specs/WB-150-spec.pdf
Geeze Louise this mount is so generic that everyone and their sister has it. I'm surprised at Vista as they usually have proprietary stuff of their own and don't usually play the me too game.

Anyone else notice that Cast took Vista's tried and true uplight and sent it to central America to have it knocked off in bronze. Or am I the only one sharp enough to detect that. You can't pull the wool over my eyes Cast. I'm on to you.