Register free!

Old 12-24-2007, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

UPB recepticals

To all the upb guys out there.

I have 6 upb outlets on a project and 3 trans moduals. Everything is cutting on and off at the correct times however

I was informed AFTER I installed all of this the UPB recepticals do not cut voltage when they cycle off. They cut the amperage. The problem is a small amount of amerage leaks thru and since I have LED lights on the recepticals its causing them to remain lit VERY dim but noticeable. Im pretty sure if this was a trans or incadesant load it would be of no issue but with my micro draw for 500 led's per receptical its enough to leak into em.

I got the outlets from controlscape but they said simply automated on them. Does anyone know of a fix or different outlet that will work in this situation ? Do the UPB switches do the same thing ?
Old 12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Billy, I would contact Control Scape and ask them what to do. I'm sure they will have an answer for you.

Simply Automated is the parent company of Control Scape.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 12-27-2007, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Correction Paul, I dont think Simply Automated is the parent company per se. I believe that Control Scape is actually a sister company to ITouch. Control Scape makes the controllers but utilizes Simply Automated UPB parts in conjunction with their equipment. Billy, I would contact Simply Automated directly and then you could also look to homecontrols.com to get more info on other UPB systems.
This is the first I have heard of this situation, although my experience with UPB receptacles isnt very vast.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

"I Touch" is what I was thinking of. My bad.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 12-27-2007, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes I think its doug hill that owns both if Im not mistaken. The itouch is a very neat system altho it would be on average an 8k upsell from what I have seen. Could be coming down.

I have an email into Derek Z at controlscape. Not relly much of a solution to it unless I could find some sort of plug in resistor to piggy back with my LED lights to increase the draw so they would fully shut down. Im very certain that a low voltage trans would cut completly off.

Voltage drops to 109 with the upb off with almost no amperage. With LED's thats enough for em to stay lit slightly.