Register free!

Old 01-01-2008, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What's to hide?

How about hiding a website or a business name? hehe. Come on Pete, who's hiding what around here?

Why not trust us? Just be yourself, let the guard down, let us appreciate you for who you really are, your experiences, mistakes & successes, etc.

You're like the wizard of oz, all tough behind the curtain.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Will the real Pete or wizard please stand up?
Reminds me of watching that game show as a kid. To tell the truth!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
What's to hide?

How about hiding a website or a business name? hehe. Come on Pete, who's hiding what around here?

Why not trust us? Just be yourself, let the guard down, let us appreciate you for who you really are, your experiences, mistakes & successes, etc.

You're like the wizard of oz, all tough behind the curtain.
Because I don't care to communicate or develop a relationship outside of this website with any of you for starters.
I don't wish to open myself to further redicule #2
and #3 I don't wish to be solicited at my personal contact #'s anymore than I already am in Private messages here that's why.

I exist let's keep it at that.

My personal life is just that personal.

What do you care anyway?

Haven't you benefitted from my participation at least a little bit?

Why don't you come out to LI and track me down?
Old 01-01-2008, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just thought it was funny that you want people to disclose gross revenue. That's as about as personal as it gets for a biz.

But you know, it wouldn't hurt if that was a part of our profiles, Pete! If they use a heading for website, business info, etc., why not have a voluntary gross sales: 0-10k, 10k-50K, 50k-100k, 100-200k, etc.

On the lawn side, they list their equipment on their tag. Gives you a good snap shot of who you are getting information from.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Just thought it was funny that you want people to disclose gross revenue. That's as about as personal as it gets for a biz.

But you know, it wouldn't hurt if that was a part of our profiles, Pete! If they use a heading for website, business info, etc., why not have a voluntary gross sales: 0-10k, 10k-50K, 50k-100k, 100-200k, etc.

On the lawn side, they list their equipment on their tag. Gives you a good snap shot of who you are getting information from.
Gross sales are as private as it gets?
Maybe when the numbers are anemic yes as I could see how some would feel that way
If you were a public company or a franchise operation those numbers would be public information.
Again, I'm not asking for net here.

This question really seperates the wheat from the chaff.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tell you what big shot: I'll move to Texas and you can train me in your ways. As long as you continue your upward spiral, I'll work for you for a small yearly salary of 100k (this should be nothing considering you should already be doing at least 500k and 1m next year). I'll gladly take the pay cut to release myself from the headache. If it doesn't work out, I'll move back to FL. Deal?

Where does a response like this come from? I gave a good answer to a question and I get crap like this in response? Just so you know, I did enough this year to know that I would be a fool to expect another year of 100% growth.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscapespaul View Post
Tell you what big shot: I'll move to Texas and you can train me in your ways. As long as you continue your upward spiral, I'll work for you for a small yearly salary of 100k (this should be nothing considering you should already be doing at least 500k and 1m next year). I'll gladly take the pay cut to release myself from the headache. If it doesn't work out, I'll move back to FL. Deal?

Where does a response like this come from? I gave a good answer to a question and I get crap like this in response? Just so you know, I did enough this year to know that I would be a fool to expect another year of 100% growth.
Paul? What's wrong with you tonight? I didn't mean to upset you, and I'm sorry if I did. My post was a little in jest, but I would actually be happy to come work for you for that salary! Maybe it was the "big shot" stamp that I gave you, but that was intened as a complement. Again, I don't know where you get the "crap" from, but I assure you I was rejoicing in your success. Sorry if I offended.

Last edited by Michael J. Donovan; 01-02-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry Chris, you know what they say about being able to detect "jest" in writing, you can't see facial expressions and such. It's hard to tell when someone is just fooling around.

Chris M is coming here next week to hang out for a few days. You're always welcome at my house Chris.

NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Actually I don't think Pete was out of line in stating gross sales....it is what it is...Gross sales. One thing I learned in business school is that opening final yearly numbers can work towards your advantage(even with small businesses). It's not like your posting net profit numbers...it's a completely different ball game. It also helps validate the credibility of a company.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think it's a good idea to announce to the world what your sales are unless you're a publicly owned company and you're looking for investors. This information then becomes available to all spammers and your future clients who might think that if your pulling in $x,xxx,xxx.xx, you might be making too much money and therefore try to get you to lower your price. It could also be misconstrued as braggadocios for me or someone else to divulge their sales. I'm not a bragging type of person but I am very proud of what we have accomplished in a fairly short period of time.

Just my .02

NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com