Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
irrig8r irrig8r is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 4,545
Janet Moyer at Pro Hort Conference in February

http://www.prohort.org/Prohortschedule.pdf

If I was within 150 miles of East Peoria, Illinois I would attend this. I went to the same lecture last year in Sacramento, CA. Well worth it.

Of course, you can also see/hear her at the AOLP conference....




Janet Lennox Moyer - Jan Moyer Design, LLC

The Visual Connection to Our Night Landscape

Visualize how the outdoor environment can be revealed at night. Ms.
Lennox-Moyer will share many lighting issues that are critical to consider
in order to produce successful, cohesive luminous compositions. Jan
will focus on issues to think about when evaluating a site: conceptual
design planning, and specific issues to consider for plant materials. She
will show day and night comparison, the effect of lighting from one season
to another and as always, provide practical application information.
__________________
Landscaper. Irrigator. Illuminator. Music lover. Coffee drinker.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-05-2008, 11:15 AM
pete scalia pete scalia is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrig8r View Post
http://www.prohort.org/Prohortschedule.pdf

If I was within 150 miles of East Peoria, Illinois I would attend this. I went to the same lecture last year in Sacramento, CA. Well worth it.

Of course, you can also see/hear her at the AOLP conference....




Janet Lennox Moyer - Jan Moyer Design, LLC

The Visual Connection to Our Night Landscape

Visualize how the outdoor environment can be revealed at night. Ms.
Lennox-Moyer will share many lighting issues that are critical to consider
in order to produce successful, cohesive luminous compositions. Jan
will focus on issues to think about when evaluating a site: conceptual
design planning, and specific issues to consider for plant materials. She
will show day and night comparison, the effect of lighting from one season
to another and as always, provide practical application information.
Before committing to any talk she gives I wanna see her make public her financials and gross receipts for landscape lighting installation in 2007. My guess is it's very low. When it comes to speakers you won't find a more rounded and well versed one than the illuminator himself (bugles playing) Mr. Nate Mullen. Lennox is a 1 trick pony-design only and how many times can she deliver the same schpiel until it's like beating a dead horse. Nate can give so much more-design, business, product, etc. You will get so much more bang for the buck. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Lite4's Avatar
Lite4 Lite4 is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,024
Last I checked, Nate didn't charge for the schooling at his factory. Too bad miss Moyer is only in it for the paycheck and not for the furtherance and benefit of the industry by excluding a lot of contractors due to the price of her admittance fee. I bought her book. I imagine anything she has to say will be a reformat of that.
__________________


Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:37 PM
pete scalia pete scalia is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Prof. Lighting View Post
Last I checked, Nate didn't charge for the schooling at his factory. Too bad miss Moyer is only in it for the paycheck and not for the furtherance and benefit of the industry by excluding a lot of contractors due to the price of her admittance fee. I bought her book. I imagine anything she has to say will be a reformat of that.
I don't begrudge her for charging a fee . You have to remember that this is business. if she's any good the info she gives should put money in your pocket. As for furtherance and benefit of the industry we live in a capitalistic society. Show me the money honey. If you guys didn't think I was such an azzwhole I'd be trying to get some money from you too. If you want to send donations they won't be turned away. Thank you. Make your money drops at the Starbucks on jericho tpk in syosset, LI. I will make arrangements to pick up from there.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Lite4's Avatar
Lite4 Lite4 is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,024
There is a difference between charging and gouging. 3-5k for a conference is ridiculous. I am not drinking the Kool-aid.
__________________


Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:07 PM
pete scalia pete scalia is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Prof. Lighting View Post
There is a difference between charging and gouging. 3-5k for a conference is ridiculous. I am not drinking the Kool-aid.
She's gotta make it somehow. She sure ain't doing it installing lights.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-05-2008, 01:55 PM
irrig8r irrig8r is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly Prof. Lighting View Post
There is a difference between charging and gouging. 3-5k for a conference is ridiculous. I am not drinking the Kool-aid.
You must have a funny way of doing the math Tim. And I don't recall them serving Kool-Aid.

Janet's talk is $50 the way I read the schedule. ($50 for a single session, $120 per day, or $200 for two days)

There was no charge when I saw her, because it was part of a series sponsored by Sacramento MUD about lighting and energy use, but I had to drive a couple of hours each way to attend.
__________________
Landscaper. Irrigator. Illuminator. Music lover. Coffee drinker.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Lite4's Avatar
Lite4 Lite4 is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 3,024
Sorry Greg, I was referring to past coments about some of her rallies that were said to be in the 3-5k price range. If this is not the case then I stand corrected. Thank You
__________________


Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-06-2008, 02:19 AM
Chris J Chris J is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maldive Islands
Posts: 2,199
Her last gimmick was going to cost me around 5K. Your not wrong Tim. She's a freak.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-06-2008, 02:20 AM
ChampionLS's Avatar
ChampionLS ChampionLS is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Highland Park, New Jersey
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
I don't begrudge her for charging a fee . You have to remember that this is business. if she's any good the info she gives should put money in your pocket. As for furtherance and benefit of the industry we live in a capitalistic society. Show me the money honey. If you guys didn't think I was such an azzwhole I'd be trying to get some money from you too. If you want to send donations they won't be turned away. Thank you. Make your money drops at the Starbucks on jericho tpk in syosset, LI. I will make arrangements to pick up from there.
Hey.. Pete!
I could throw a rock at you from our home base there. Whats up with that Starbucks?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.10516 seconds with 7 queries