Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Photo shoot

Hey everyone!
I have been away from the forum for a while but I should be around a little more. I just finished a photo shoot for an upcomming campagn. I thought some of you might want to us in all our glory..LOL
Attached Images

Tommy Herren, CLVLT #1169
Member of AOLP, CA chapter
www.thelightinggeek.com

Battling the Forces of Darkness Everywhere
Old 01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

ha thats great Tommy. Talk about brand recognition! Definatly leave the client with a clear image on who did their lighting.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thats awesome, you guys look like the Ghostbusters. Get yourself an old ambulance and some nuclear powerpacks, just don't cross the streams whatever you do!
Seriously Tommy, I like it. Very cool bro.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 01-07-2008, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tommy,
Although I think your gimmick is cool as hell, what do you plan to put this photo on? My advertisments show lighted homes. I'm real curious to know what you have planned for this picture. Please, Please, Please keep us up to date as to the performance of the picture. Somehow, however, I think your'e going to tell us it was great even if it is a flop. We all have egos to protect, and by the look of your accessories, I think you are trying to portray some kind of an "image"? What image would that be?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Tommy,
Although I think your gimmick is cool as hell, what do you plan to put this photo on? My advertisements show lighted homes. I'm real curious to know what you have planned for this picture. Please, Please, Please keep us up to date as to the performance of the picture. Somehow, however, I think you're going to tell us it was great even if it is a flop. We all have egos to protect, and by the look of your accessories, I think you are trying to portray some kind of an "image"? What image would that be?
Chris, you have some good points. One needs to be careful not deviate from the core message: landscape lighting. I am inserting some of these pictures into ads but only as an accent, or where we are in front of a job, thereby the lighting portrait is the most prominent item. I am using the picture below on the back doors of my trailer, the sides are going to be black background, with 3-5 large pictures surrounded by stars with fireflies streaking around. The image i want to portray is why I am different, high tech geek style. Because I am The Lighting Geek, I can get away with alot. The key here is nobody forgets who we are or what we do.
Attached Images

Tommy Herren, CLVLT #1169
Member of AOLP, CA chapter
www.thelightinggeek.com

Battling the Forces of Darkness Everywhere
Old 01-07-2008, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent Idea and branding. I try to sell myself also not the equipment, with that being said I would have made sure not a par was in sight though, sorry.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ha Ha. Sorry Tommy, but I have to agree with Eden. I love your photos, and I think you have an excellent thing going there. Keep On Doing It! But I also would not have shown the fixtures. Any competitor can now show your picture and shoot you down in a hundred different ways. My advice is to do a re-shoot without the well lights. If you were in my market, I would definitely use this against you. This is only my opinion though, so take no offense. I don't need another war with some dude with a flak jacket!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Tommy. The photo is good, the concept is unique (pardon the obvious pun) and I'm sure the whole "geek / ghostbusters" thing sticks in your client's mind for a long time, which is great.

My only comment would be: How about displaying some modern era fixtures in that photo! My God man, those things are massive! All those par fixtures (I have never been a fan of Sewage Pipe with tractor lamps inside. ), those hubs and that insanely huge half cylinder fixture (seriously, that thing looks like my bathroom garbage can)... I mean really... what ever happened to see the effect NOT the source... and.... You do realize we are in the era of miniaturization right? Nanotechnology, smaller, better, faster... etc.

Just having at ya Tommy!

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Ha Ha. Sorry Tommy, but I have to agree with Eden. I love your photos, and I think you have an excellent thing going there. Keep On Doing It! But I also would not have shown the fixtures. Any competitor can now show your picture and shoot you down in a hundred different ways. My advice is to do a re-shoot without the well lights. If you were in my market, I would definitely use this against you. This is typical of what untalented and insecure hacks do on a sales call. Instead of selling themselves to the prospect they knock down the competition to try and make themselves look good. Unfortunately prospects see right through sour grapes and do business with the company who is more professional and doesn't need to use anything against a competitor This is only my opinion though, so take no offense. I don't need another war with some dude with a flak jacket!
see above in red bold
Old 01-08-2008, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the wire.. it looks like the old cotton wound military wiring found in surplus equipment