Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-08-2008, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

well you will just love our new commercial. tight shots of us zipping vest, snapping buckles, loading the vest up. Then panning shots of a bunch of our job photos, and then the three of us walking slow motion out of fog at night towards the camera. 'The Lighting Geek, everything else is just lighting..' or something like that..lol. Damn, I have way too much fun for my own good. We start filming Friday and will be aired on HGTV on local cable for the next 12 months Sat and Sun between 8am-8pm. I'll post it when it is finished.

I know what you guys are sayin bout the ol' well lights, but that shot is exactly how we look when we do our demos. Next photo shoot I'll switch to brass, casings that is!
Attached Images

Tommy Herren, CLVLT #1169
Member of AOLP, CA chapter
www.thelightinggeek.com

Battling the Forces of Darkness Everywhere
Old 01-08-2008, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete scalia View Post
see above in red bold
Sorry for the thread HiJack

Everybody is feeling good tonight! I always state my warranty information, product construction, and etc. I carry in a machined MR16 fixture for the client to see and hold. I dont discuss pars or brands unless the client asks or drops the bid or shopping vibe. I then discuss the two main types of landscape lights, Par's and MR's. I recommend that they only shop for MR designs and I give them factual information as to why. I THEN GIVE THE NAMES OF COMPANIES IN MY AREA THAT SHARE MY BELIEFS OF MR'S THAT WILL NOT SELL PAR'S and I recommend that they call them. I never say any other names. I have left alot out, but I have already posted too much info. I am still looking for a verified forum before I post like I once did. Thanks
Old 01-08-2008, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lighting Geek View Post
well you will just love our new commercial. tight shots of us zipping vest, snapping buckles, loading the vest up. Then panning shots of a bunch of our job photos, and then the three of us walking slow motion out of fog at night towards the camera. 'The Lighting Geek, everything else is just lighting..' or something like that..lol. Damn, I have way too much fun for my own good. We start filming Friday and will be aired on HGTV on local cable for the next 12 months Sat and Sun between 8am-8pm. I'll post it when it is finished.

I know what you guys are sayin bout the ol' well lights, but that shot is exactly how we look when we do our demos. Next photo shoot I'll switch to brass, casings that is!
What model of fully shrouded fixture is that in your hand? Does unique have a fully shrouded uplight?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tommy, I have no problem with the pars bud. I like the whole branding. I am looking forward to seeing the commercial. Hey on a side note are you gonna send me that disc?

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

crap i figured out who tommy looks like!!! did you guys ever see that obscure show robotica with the fighting radio controlled robots ? he looks like the host!!

I dont think clients will notice pars or wells. They will notice 3 guys who take thier given craft to the extrem. I like the whole show you guys put on. I bet clients get a real laugh out of it and it puts them in a GREAT mood which is what you want. Im sure we have all met with clients who have had a bad day and it affected the meeting.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

First, Evening Star! I'm still laughing, nice observation. We just through the 12 guage around my son for heck of it.

The light in my hand is a Unique Pulsar.

I go out everyday and have fun and I make it fun for my clients. I don't have to talk about my competition. I just had a customer go to several parties/dinners over the holidays and had no less than 4 people gave unsolicited recommendations to use me when they heard my client was ready for lighting. all said, 'wait till you see what they wear to work' LOL
Tommy Herren, CLVLT #1169
Member of AOLP, CA chapter
www.thelightinggeek.com

Battling the Forces of Darkness Everywhere
Old 01-08-2008, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lighting Geek View Post
First, Evening Star! I'm still laughing, nice observation. We just through the 12 guage around my son for heck of it.

The light in my hand is a Unique Pulsar.

I go out everyday and have fun and I make it fun for my clients. I don't have to talk about my competition. I just had a customer go to several parties/dinners over the holidays and had no less than 4 people gave unsolicited recommendations to use me when they heard my client was ready for lighting. all said, 'wait till you see what they wear to work' LOL
Thanks, I have never seen that cap on a pulsar. Maybe it's just the picture, it looks like a comet with a lens.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2008, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The Pulsar has the angle cut shroud on it. Not sure if you would consider it "fully shrouded".

Tommy, your the man! Eddie you are the Anti-Par! LOL

Demo Demo Demo!!!

Jeoy D.