Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-22-2001, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Please Read, I Need Ur Input

ok guys, was cuttin today and thought about what i would do if one of my yards got rolled. happens a lot in west tennessee. so i thought on about it, and came up with this. i'm gonna put an ad in the paper that says grass slayers lawn service will clean up your yard if it gets rolled, i want to do it for about $5 a bush $10 a tree and start at $25 for cleaning the yard. if any have input go ahead and tell me, i want to put an ad in the paper tomorrow or the next day. maybe u do this, give me some tricks of the trade
gonna be a sweet business

Jrod
Old 10-22-2001, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What are you saying, that you're going to roll the lawns too?

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Okay. I'll Bite??? What in tarnation are you talking about???

If you are talking about the removal of undesireable plants and other debris (ie. downed limbs and such) then you would either charge them an hourly rate for the pick-up and disposal - or - you would charge them a per truckload price with a one load minimum.

As for the lawn rolling part of your equation this is a service that is offered up here in the springtime - not the fall!!!

Then in regards to your pricing for clean-up I would charge them a one hour minimum whatever that price may be for your outfit.

Hope this helps you some - cause you lost me in your question - LOL!!!

Kris
Old 10-22-2001, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Member

no no no yall arent gettin it. around haloween people here go out and roll yards, you know, with toilet paper. the stuff is hard as all heck to get cleaned up. i think i could make a little bit more cleanin it up than just sittin on my butt at the house

Jrod
Old 10-22-2001, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to look pretty dumb if I'm wrong, but I think he's talking about your house being toilet papered. If I'm right, you need to raise your prices quite a bit. They are going to want you to be there right away and it takes a while to clean up.

Looks like I was a little late. Your reply wasn't there when I started typing.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes I think that you could make money removing the toilet tissue from the foliar tissue - LOL!!!

I would not advertise this service because it may look as though you did it to profit from it. Best thing to do is to drive around the next morning and distribute business cards so they can contact you if interested.

Just tell them you were coming thru the area, and get set to call Labor Ready to get enough help to wipe several neighborhoods clear a day.

Good Luck!!!
Kris
Old 10-22-2001, 12:45 AM

Have fun! I think I'll stick to leave cleanups as much as i hate em'.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Member

well in my area there are about 5-10 pro cutters providing service to about 7500 people in the town. there are more people out in the county but business is really thick. we do whatever we can around here to compete with each other so i think i may still put it in our weekly paper. business is so tough around here that other "pro" cutters flip me off while i'm mowin. i'm only 17 and i think they are just envious. (they use craftsman riding tractors)

Jrod
Old 10-22-2001, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by kutnkru
Yes I think that you could make money removing the toilet tissue from the foliar tissue - LOL!!!

get set to call Labor Ready to get enough help to wipe several neighborhoods clear a day.

Good Luck!!!
Kris
Hey, Kris, NICE pun!

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

a hand held blower vac w good air power will clean the paper up easy. dampen the paper on hedges etc,as this helps the vac get it all. vac neds to be strong . i use the poulan pro at 200 mph air
speed.if i had a vac on my mower ,seems like that would work
for lawn.