Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-22-2001, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Being that Green Bay is one of the Toilet paper meccas of the U.S. and this happens to make the paper mills even richer, I appreciate the enterpreneurial spirit in you.

The rule here is that you have to give consent for the TP'ing or else the PD come to wipe your a$$ with fines. So if people give consent it usually means that they have a teen age son or daughter that is on the clean-up committee. This strange tradition usually co-insides with local H.S. homecomings of which my cities was cancelled because of rampant vandalism last year.

It is funny to see all the crappaper in the trees and all over the lawn. It usually goes away by spring. If you need the work then give it a try. If you aren't busy enough catchin leafs then might as well do something outside and sort of lawn related.
Good Luck.
Old 10-22-2001, 01:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Finally, a post that makes me laugh. Hey man, ya'll need to introduce the youngin's to Nintendo. They'll never wanna step out the house agin.

Old 10-22-2001, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Actually i found this post to be quite refreshing -LOL!!! since many of these youngunz today refuse to do anything to help themselves let alone use the toilet tissue for themselves LOL!!!
Old 10-22-2001, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

does that include silly string and smashed pumpkins?
Old 10-22-2001, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Member

i'm in a study hall in school right now and i thought i would check the post. it usually works good i u burn the stuff out of trees, i didn't even think of using a blower. i did think about using a blower to roll the yard though

Jrod
Old 10-22-2001, 03:17 PM
Banned

Ahem.... Did you just say you wanted to "BURN" the TP out of the trees? Think again! If you want to get the paper out of the trees, try an aerial lift. You can rent a small one for about $200 a day. You can buy one I should assume starting around 50K. That is how you properly remove toilet paper from a tree, not by burning.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lawnboy82
Ahem.... Did you just say you wanted to "BURN" the TP out of the trees? Think again! If you want to get the paper out of the trees, try an aerial lift. You can rent a small one for about $200 a day. You can buy one I should assume starting around 50K. That is how you properly remove toilet paper from a tree, not by burning.
Are you seriously suggesting that GrassSlayer purchase a $50,000 aerial lift to remove toilet paper???? No offence but that sounds about as ridiculous as burning down the tree.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:04 PM
Banned

Lawndog- I don't think that people are going to want to see flames in their trees. Needless to say that is not good for the life of the tree. I said about buying an aerial lift, you can easily rent one for about $200 per day. Now if you have the ability to climb on your own then the bucket truck should not be needed. By the way, 50K is cheap for a new truck. 100K and up is usually about what they go for, and even then you can't get everything. Anyways the point I was trying to make here is that I can throw a roll of toilet paper pretty high up into trees, and to clean them out for what? $10 then you must be able to do that pretty fast. I have taken botany classes, and arboriculture classes. In both of those classes it was stated that fire and trees do not mix.
Old 10-22-2001, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am in no way condoning burning the paper out of the tree. I hope he was kidding about doing that. I am just saying that it is not fesible to spend $200 in rental, or $100k for a bucket truck to clean up TP. If there are customers out there willing to spend 200+ to clean up TP, then I may need to offer this service as well. Just kidding. Lets face it. Anyone who asks for this to be done is thinking 10 bucks. To be honest with you if anyone ever asked us to do this I would say no. I have much better things to do than cleaning up toliet paper for $10.
Old 10-22-2001, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

This is funny, but its sad in a way.

#1 your not a janitor are you? If you are, your on the right track. I'd think you should have better money to make down different avenues than picking toliet paper off trees.

#2 Please tell me where your house is so I can paper the trees to watch you burn them down to the ground, maybe even catching your house on fire in the process. It will be a great show.

#3 Even serious suggestions about a manlift, etc to do this is a joke in my eyes. I don't believe the market is really there for this. Customers may even loose some respect for you if your resorting to cleaning up toilet paper to make money.

#4 I DON'T TAKE ANYTHING GRASS SLAYER SAYS SERIOUSLY. Its all too stupid for me to believe this is a real person, and it's not just in this thread, look at the others.